Chapter - 16

This chapter is not edited.

Shri Harmandir Sahib or Darbar Sahib or Golden Temple, widely known for its spiritual significance and architectural beauty, stands as the holiest pilgrimage site of Sikhism and a prime tourist attraction in India. The Gurudwara consists of many buildings built around the main sanctum and the water body - Amritsar or Amrit Sarovar, from where the city of Amritsar derives its name. It has four entrances from four directions indicating that anyone from any direction is welcome to visit this place of worship.

All of them removed their shoes, covered their heads as a sign of respect and entered the compound. 4:10 am and there were greeted by a vast multitude in the gurudwara.

Although Anaisha had visited this pious place many a time, it had been a long time since her last visit here. For a person who hated tranquility, she loved the calm and positive vibes this place offered. She could not explain it, but there was a different current and energy that lingered in the air here.

They all were standing in the queue and the singing of Gurbani Kirtan(hymns) was going on. The veneration and approbation with which it was being sung left her in goosebumps and a tear rolled down her cheek in reverence.

Two hours later, they were done with the darshan, had eaten langar and it was the time to go. The Ahuja and Arora families had decided to stop at Neerav's home in Amritsar before going back to Tarn Taran.

Anaisha, however, did not want to leave the shrine any time soon. She was a theist and that was it to it. She was not an overly superstitious person. To her religion and prayer were something which brought gratification and fulfilment. And after a long time, she had felt that feeling of contentment from within and she wanted to cherish this serenity for some more time.

"Mom, you guys go ahead. I'll come later."

"But beta, how will you? We can't leave a car here for you to return back in because all of us won't fit in two cars", Ritu put forth her concern.

"Don't worry, you guys take the car. I'll walk..as it is, bhua's place is not too far from here."

Ritu answered in positive and Anaisha made her way to the Amrit Sarovar in the premises of the Gurudwara. Finding a spot which was comparatively less crowded, she went there and sat down.

She was truly exhausted now emotionally. In her heart of hearts, she was aware she was nothing but a coward. It was such an irony how she helped others around her deal with emotions when her own sentiments were nothing but a mess. All her life, she had sought control and whenever she felt it slipping from her fingers, she ran away. Yes, running away from her problems was all she did every time. She did not have the courage to face the challenges life threw at her head-on. Rather than finding a solution or a way out of them, she ghosted them. But what she forgot was one had to put in efforts to solve one's problems. Everything did not just get right on its own.

Firstly, she ran away from her anxiety attacks putting on a facade that she had it all under control. She did not go for therapy when she should have done that. Rather she remained adamant that it was nothing and it did not bother her when it did bother her..immensely, if she might add. And it was only natural. Anxiety was a severe issue after all.

Then she ran away from Idhant, her own best friend. She should've confronted her feelings, but confrontations were scary. She was sure it was all one sided and she did not want to butcher her precious friendship with her own hands. But she definitely did only that when she cut all her contact with him.

And then she ran away from her own father. She should've listened to his reasons, she should've tried to reach a middle ground with him. But no, she did not deem it important enough. She regretted it so much. She missed her father, his cosy embrace, his warm eyes, his care, his affection. He was her safe zone. With him by her side, nothing could ever go wrong. But she lost him just because she was stubborn and a coward.