Chapter - 12

This chapter is not edited.

Sitting cross-legged on her bed with a pen grasped in her right hand, Anaisha was scribbling something on the notebook resting on her right thigh. After a few seconds, her left hand found its way to the calculator which was lying on the bed near her left thigh.

She had reached Tarn Taran almost an hour ago. It was eleven in the morning right now and Neerav had informed her five minutes ago that Disha's family would be reaching their place in about thirty minutes.

Currently, she was calculating the amount that was left for her to pay back to be finally able to say that she had bought her favourite car all by herself without anyone's financial assistance. Well, not technically pay back because she had not taken loan from a bank, but that was what she liked to address it as.

Anaisha had been a huge autophile all her life. She was not one of those who loved saving money to have a collection of world's best cars. Rather she was actually fascinated by the working, designing and everything that led to the construction of a car. Admitted that such things fell in the area of expertise of automotive engineers while she was undoubtedly a medico; but well, our interest in something very often drives the actions we make related to that very thing we are curious about. One could say that same happened with Anaisha. Till date she had read uncountable articles, research papers and books based on the designing, manufacturing and working of the cars.

No doubt she was a gearhead, but the idea of spending oodles of cash to buy expensive cars was not something that usually sat well with her. But exceptions are not something that are quite unusual. And one car made an exception in her case too. That piece of metal had blown her away with its exquisiteness when she had first read about it in a magazine.

Known by the world as Mercedes-Benz AMG GT R, its notoriously powerful engine handcrafted by skilled workers was what captivated her the most. She was an IAS officer and unequivocally had a handsome salary but it was not sufficient enough to pay crores for a car especially when she was comparably new in this profession and was strictly against the acts of bribing which some corrupt IAS officers shamelessly indulged in to make loads of money...black money to be exact.

Moreover, as much as she loved this beauty in its matte black colour, she could not just straightaway ask her upper-middle class family to spend more than two crores on it.

That would obviously mean putting unwanted pressure on her family. Besides, middle class people never do well with hefty purchases even if they can afford it. And the fact that she wanted to buy that car on her own further strengthened her resolve of not buying that car. That was why when she urgently needed to buy a car for her personal use, she bought an affordable SUV without creating any unnecessary fuss.

However, she was left nonplussed when her maternal grandfather gifted her the same car on her birthday. One could say that Anaisha had inherited her fascination towards cars from her nana ji and their conversations regarding cars were proof enough for him to conclude that she was besotted with that car.

Actually, her mother, Ritu came from a very oofy and affluent family. Buying a car of two or three crores was not a big deal for them. But Anaisha had stringently denied accepting it. Yes, she loved that car but it did not mean that she'd die if she did not get it.

Initially, Ritu did not interfere in the matter because even she was somewhat against her father gifting her daughter the car when she wanted to purchase on her own.

Emotional blackmail is a very lethal weapon that our parents possess. Ritu's father used that weapon to make her step in so that she could convince Anaisha. And ironically, Ritu too used that weapon on Anaisha saying things like how bad her nana ji would feel if she did not accept the gift that he so lovingly bought for his granddaughter etc etc.