2

REAL LIFE

Lize's brown corduroy coat swayed behind her as she swiftly moved through the streets of Amsterdam.

The Dutch girl was on her way to Waterloo square, hoping to score some cheap groceries at the market. She was a student after all and needed to be smart about how she spent her limited money.

Today it was Li's turn to cook dinner, as her and her two friends, Bo and Siem, took turns cooking whilst living together.

She'd met the two doofuses in her first year of college, the three of them studying at the same campus. Lize herself studied psychology, after already graduating at Amsterdam's school of the arts. After all, she loved to paint and dreamt of combining her passion with her current studies.

The young woman pulled out her phone, looking for her grocery list. She noticed her friends sending a bunch of messages in the groupchat and quickly took a look.

MESSAGES

cheese=LIFE
3 members

bobo:
guys guys guys

bakersboy:
what's up boyo

bobo:
yo you won't believe who's gonna be in town
bobo:
where's li, we need her for this

bakersboy:
YO LI
get your ass over here

lizagna:
so impatient
lizagna:
i'm preparing your dinner ungrateful pigs

bakersboy:
forgot about that.
bakersboy:
please don't let me starve 🤠

bobo:
timotay chamalalamet is coming to town!!

lizagna:
wait what no way.
i have the fATtest crush on mr chalamet its not even funny  :D

bakersboy:
ah not the peach fucker

lizagna:
bitch don't disrespect elio like that!! 😡

bobo:
see this is why i needed li for this shit
bobo:
we love and support mr chalamet

lizagna:
yes we do !
lizagna:
now i gotta go i'm on the hunt for cauliflower :)

bakersboy:
i don't like cauliflower li🤢

bobo:
why can't we eat fries

lizagna:
i'm living with a bunch of children.

Sighing, but with a faint smile on her lips, Lize put away her phone. She felt soft drops of water tickling on her skin. She turned her face to the sky, checking how bad it was. She shrugged, not minding a bit of rain. This was the Netherlands after all.

The young students' doc martens splashed through the puddles the rain was creating. Lize went from stall to stall collecting all kinds of vegetables and stuffing them into her brown tote bag.

She smiled at one of the salesmen, dropping a few euros in his palm. In return the girl received a batch of strawberries.