23

REAL LIFE

After the encounter with Timothée's fans, Lize never finished what she was going to say. A strong feeling of doubt had kicked in again and she'd rather keep her feelings towards Timmy to herself a bit longer.

Forever even, if that's what it took.

Lize had told Timothée she felt tired and wanted to go home. The boy knew something was up, but didn't want to get into it too much.

He knew Lizzie too well and could see she was overwhelmed. Besides, his mind was still racing about what she was going to tell him. Well he wasn't stupid, he knew what she was going to say, but he didn't know whether he was ready to face that yet.

He liked her too, that much he had established, but it was just more complicated in his situation.

Timothée didn't know whether admitting his feelings towards Lizzie would be the best decision.
It might sound cheesy, but him and her came from very different worlds.

Perhaps these few months apart would be good. He needed to keep his distance for awhile and think things through. He might even have to stay away from her much longer than that.

Timothée watched the girl that was walking beside him in silence.
She was wearing his jacket around her shoulders. He had caught her shivering and wouldn't take no for an answer as he draped his blazer over her shoulders.

He noticed her dark curls, how the sunlight hit her face perfectly, making her skin look like gold, her cheekbones standing out beautifully.

He looked away quickly, catching himself staring. Yeah, he definitely needed some time away from her if he was going to contain himself.

'Alright, home sweet home.' Timmy rambled awkwardly as they reached Lize's apartment.

Lize shot the boy an unconvincing smile.

'When do you leave?' She asked him quietly.

He scratched the back of his head ashamed. 'Uh tomorrow morning, I'm pretty sure.'

He was sure. He was just hoping to soften the blow of him leaving for the girl he cared for so dearly.

'Alright.' Lize answered monotone. She didn't even have the energy to react anymore. The girl had already sort of accepted that he was leaving and had allowed her mind to go blank.

'Alright.' Timothée mumbled after her, uncomfortably shoving his foot against the pavement.

'Text me when you get there, yeah?' Lize reminded him, already standing in the open doorway, ready to flee upstairs and cry for a bit.

Timothée nodded. The curly-haired boy could see the hurt on Lizzie's face. How she was trying to hold herself together, a soft gloss masking her eyes.

Right before she was about to shut the door, Timmy went up to her and enveloped her in a hug. His fingers instantly tangling in her curly hair. He squeezed her against his chest with all his might. It was his way for saying he was sorry about how things had gone. How he hadn't meant to hurt her.

For a moment, it seemed like things felt good again, noticing how Lizzie melted into the hug. But after some time, Timothée felt her small hands softly pushing against his chest, trying to create distance.