Chapter 1: The mission

"What is our mission today Sergeant?" Crosshairs asked as he chewed on his toothpick sitting on some crates. Recently this hangar has been upgraded and with upgrades comes more supplies. I handed Tech the monitor. "It's a recon mission. A squadron was sent there but lost contact with the Jedi. We have to go there and see what's happened to them." Wrecker stomped over to me. "Why're they senden us?! I wanna blow stuff up not walk and look!" To emphasize this statement he slammed his fists together. "Because the planet is very dangerous. Only the highly skilled can be sent and they don't want to lose anyone important to the war." Crosshairs huffed at this.

"We're always the unimportant ones." Echo walked over after talking with Tech. "Obviously because we're the "bad" batch. Not normal clones like you've all stated before." Crosshairs huffed and went inside the ship. "Ship is ready. Let's head on out." Tech said in the ear piece as we all walked into the ship. We all sat in our usual spots and the ship took off.

*Le time skip by me 😘*

We finally arrived at the planet. "They're calling this planet, Aireeza. Something the queen dubbed it after seizing control. Records show not all of Aireeza is with the queen. Seems the squad had made contact with this rebel group." In excitement Wrecker slammed his hands together while laughing. "No fighting until we know we absolutely have the rebels. We don't want to wage war against Aireeza." They nodded and Wrecker complained for obvious reasons. We landed in a forested area and left. Following a trail Crosshairs had found. We followed for what seemed like hours.

Finally we arrived at a campsite. They seemed to have gear not meant for campers.
"What do you see Cross?" He lowered his visor and glanced around. "There's eight people and three droids. There seems to be a smaller one inside a tent." I glanced to him quickly. "A child?" He nodded. "They're shaped like they're tied up. A prisoner maybe?" I nodded and Wrecker growled. "Time to punch some meat heads! And metal heads too!" He yelled as he slammed his fists together. We all shushed him. He realized his mistake and nodded. Crosshairs stayed where we were at as everyone else stalked down to the camp. "Ready?" Everyone nodded. "Three." I pulled up my blaster. "Two." We got into stance positions. "One!" Wrecker yelled as he ran ahead. I shook my head at his impatience. We all charged afterwards. Crosshairs took a shot and eliminated a few as we got the rest.

"This group was no match for us!" Wrecker cheered. I looked around. "Exactly. This group wasn't the one that attacked the squad." Tech checked the supplies they had. "This is the squadrons supply though." I started to wonder how they got this stuff. Then I remembered about the child. I walked into the tent and saw a bunch of supplies. They looked dirty and dusty so that means no one has touched these in a while. I heard a cough and sneeze and followed it to find a small play area. It was designed with a colorful blanket, a stuffed toy bunny, an empty earthly carved cup, and a half eaten cookie. On it was a child. They had bright golden hair that looked silky to the touch. Their skin looked so peach but had pale areas on them. They also looked very malnourished. I picked her up and grabbed her toy. Her blanket looked dirty and torn with bugs and thorns on it so I left it there. I carried her back to the others."To the ship! Now!" I yelled as we ran back to the ship. Once inside I laid her on a bunk. I took my glove off and touched her face. It was so warm.

"Echo grab some hot food and water. Tech start up the ship and find the closest medical center." They nodded and ran off. "What can I do?" Wrecker asked expecting to do something. "No. Just sit down and wait." He grumbled sitting down. Soon the ship took off. After a few minutes she woke up. "M...mo...mommy...?" She asked in a raspy voice. "It's okay kid. We've got you." I held her comforting her. She looked around with a dizzy look on. She was about to fall back to sleep but I kept her awake as Echo rushed over with some soup. "Here kid. You need to eat." I grabbed it and started feeding her slowly. She took small sips and yawned. "Almost done kid. Then you can have some water." She nods softly and finished her food. Then I grabbed the water and gave her small sips. After a while she seemed satisfied.

I sat her up against the wall. She seemed to be more awake and focused now. "Hey. What's your name kid?" She seemed hesitant to answer. "I'll go first." She nods as I motioned to myself. "My name is Hunter. The man with the robot parts is Echo. The buff guy is Wrecker. The pouty face man is Crosshairs." He glared at what I called him. "Then the other man is Tech. He's currently flying the ship right now." She nods and cleared her throat. "I'm V." I nod. "Is that your actual name? Shorter version? Nickname?" She seemed to ponder for a moment. "A name for now." I nod. She's very smart. "You're a smart kid." She grabbed her toy bunny and held it closely. "Where's your mum and dad V?" She seemed really upset after I mentioned them. "They... They met some people... In white clothes and colorful white helmets with guns." Well that caught everyone's attention. "What happened to the people in white clothes with guns kid?" Crosshairs asked as he walked quickly to us.

She pondered once again. "The big monster attacked us. They were staying with our camp. Monsters attacked and got some of them then rebels come. Rebels fight us and kill mommy and daddy. They take me away. They had no food so they didn't feed me..." He grumbled and stomped away. "Well kid. How would you like to come with us? We could bring you to somewhere safe." She held her bunny closer. "Please... I don't wanna be alone anymore..." I nod picking her up. "I've got you V. I've got you."I laid down with her as she fell asleep. Sleep soon came and got me too.