Chapter 21

"V." I hear someone whisper. "V." I hear it again. Who's calling me? "V!" I quickly sit up gasping for air. Looking around I see Omega out cold next to me. Looking around I see we're both in a cell behind a ray shield. My ears wilt as I remember Zander and...daddy... This man... He killed them. I felt tears form. I wiped my face and looked around. No vents and no exits. I hear something coming. I shake Omega. "Omega. Omega please wake up." I whimper. She groans and starts waking up. She sits up and holds her head before shaking it. Then she looks at me. "V?" I nod. My eyes still wilted and my tail limp beside me. "You're a cat!?" She yells. Then I hear squawking. Not from a bird though.

"Mando!" I called out. I hear a small banging/clanking sound and a small roar. It was her. "Where are you girl?" I hear the same sounds again. Then a droid limps in front of us. Its leg gone from daddy shooting it off. "Let us out of here." Omega commanded. It scoffed. "You will not get out. You are our prisoner." He says. "I will find a way for us to get out." Omega says. Wow is she confident. My tail waved a bit. "Better behave. Cad Bane doesn't respond well to misbehaving prisoners." It says. Soon the man came down a ladder. He walked to us and leaned down to us. "How are my assets doing?" He asked. I don't know why but I have a feeling he'd have cowboy music playing behind him. "My name is Omega." Omega states.

"I'm V." He seems to roll whatever eyes he has. Looks like giant jelly beans to me. "Who are you?" Omega asked. Didn't the droid say Cad Bane? Maybe I was wrong. "Cad Bane. At your service." He bowed slightly. Oh, I was right. "Where are you taking us?" Omega asked. Cad stood up and put his cowboy hat back on. He ignored us and walked away. "Why did you kill him!?" I called out. He stopped. "Why did you kill my brother!? He did nothing wrong! He wasn't a threat to you! Why!?" I cried out. I stomped on the ground angrily. "Because I wanted to." I started crying again. Heartless meanie. "You'll be sorry!" Omega yelled. Cad turned his head slightly to us. "When our friends come to get us!" She yells again. He sneers a bit.

"No. They won't. They're gone. I made sure of that." I jab to my heart. My lips quivered. "No one's coming for you." He goes up the ladder to upstairs as I sit down. I curl up in the corner just listening to the droid call out to Cad to fix him. I cover my head as my tail wraps around me. I haven't shown these parts of me in a long time. Mom said I had to keep them hidden... Now I failed at that. "Hey. It's ok. I'll find us a way out of here." Omega said as she sat beside me. She pulled me into a hug. I cried into her. "He's gone Omega... Zander is gone..." She nodded. "It's ok. I understand. Maybe he's still alive." I shake my head. She pulled away to look at me. "I was there. I was holding him Omega... I felt his last breath in my arms. I saw his eyes lose life... Omega he died in my arms..."

She looked more sad and held me again. I cried in her arms really hard. Mando roared out sadly. Zander's really gone... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you...little brother...

*Cad Bane pov*

I growled as I sat down. I may have only killed the leader but the others still live. Hopefully those clones that stuck with the empire kills the rest of them off. I started pushing buttons to call my employer when I suddenly get a notification. A hologram of a symbol pops up. 'What is this?' I had thought confused. I pushed a button to answer it and in came a call. It's recorded so it's not a normal call. "Civilians of the universe. I am calling you for help today. As of now a niece of the queen has gone missing. The queen desires her return. Those who return her will get the reward of 2 million credits." 2 million!? "If not credits then a reward of your choice." Wow. Who is this niece? She'll be my next target. I could be set for life with those. Especially if they're unmarked.

The recording ended and a contact is sent in. After I deliver these two I'll contact them. That score will be mine.

*V's pov*