Chapter 14

Daddy gave me a brush he had put away a while ago. He said I needed to brush my hair. It got really tangled and it hurt brushing it. I remember my mommy used to have this hair thingy that made my hair really soft and was easier to remove tangles and knots. It used to scare me when my old daddy called I rats nests but mommy always told me there were no rats but there would be if I never brushed it. Zander was helping me too but he pulls really hard and it hurts my hair.

Omega and everyone else started talking about the Uhhh.... Uhhh, oh! Bounty Hunter! That weird lady that tried taking us away. I couldn't tell if she was a good or bad person because she seemed really nice but she was mean? I don't know anymore. I cried again when Zander pulled too hard again. Everyone looking to me as I held my hair. "Okay Zander. That's enough." Zander looked upset. "I hurt sissy?" Uncle Tech shook his head as he picked him up. "No. It was an accident." I whined and gasped. 'The knots came back!' I got annoyed. You brush out the tangles and they just come right back! I huffed and squeaked in pain when Mando got stuck in my tangled hair.

Daddy came over and started carefully untangling her and set her down. He pet her then went to my hair. "Maybe you should get a haircut. It would be easier." I huffed. "No. This hair is really important to me." He looked to me confused. It is true though. Mommy loved my hair. She always told me it was a miracle it was this color and told me it was so beautiful and when brushed fully it felt so soft like silk. The very rare times we ran into other kids they liked picking on me and pulled my hair whenever it got tangled. Now I don't think that's a problem anymore. Which reminds me... I have a daddy. I have uncles. I have a brother and sister and a pet. But no mommy. That makes me a bit sad but daddy said we don't have room on here anymore.

Soon the ship shook as it landed. "Alright. We're looking for Cid." Sid? No it's Cid. Wait is it? We were brought into a game/bar area. GAMES!!! I quickly ran to one with Zander quickly following. "V! Zander!" Daddy yelled but we didn't listen. We looked at all the different types of games. I saw one where it pretends you are riding a speeder and race down the road against other speeders. It looked really cool! I looked over seeing Omega walking up to the lizard lady. "You're Cid." She sounded so confident. "You're more smarter than your friends over there." I guess she was right. I thought her name would be like Amy or Jackie. Not Cid. That surprised me.

I walked up to Cid. She turned to me. "Eh? What you want kid?" I just stared at her. "Why is your hair covering your eyes?" She had asked curiously. I didnt know either. I guess I never really moved my bangs. She brushed my hair out of my eyes. I was curious to see my eye color as well. I had forgotten it. She looked amazed at me then grabbed a mirror. She put it in front of my face as my eyes widened. (The image above)

My eyes shined as I saw the colors. It was so beautiful. I softly touches my face as I smiled a bit. I had forgotten what my eyes looked like. It was so shocking. Zander and Omega watched me with wide eyes. "Your eyes are so pretty V!" Omega said as she smiled big. The others looked over and stared in awe. "Here. I might have something for you. How about you and the man with the long hair follow me?" She walked into another room. I followed with daddy behind me. She pulled out a box and held a headband that looked really pretty. It was a silver color with lots of tiny gems in it that lead to the center. She put it in my hair and it held my bangs back. "Now everyone can love your eyes." I smiled at her kindness.

"Now then. I need a favor." She sat in a chair. "Look we just want the information on this hunter." Daddy said showing her the picture of her. "Hmm. I don't know anything but if you did this favor I MIGHT remember something." That confuses me. Did someone steal her brain? Is that why she can't remember. That's sad. "Some slavers took Muchi. They're just a child. Bring them back and I should remember something by then." Oh. Another child! Is Muchi her child? I didn't think she'd be a mom. "Fine." Daddy turns and walks away but I turned back to Cid. "Thank you miss." I say and skip out. I didn't turn to see her smile so happily at me.