Chapter 27

I hissed in pain. Uncle Tech was cleaning a scrape I had. A gundark hit the thingy I was on and I went flying. It was fun... Until I had to land. You know, not all cats land on their feet. I scraped my side and bruised my arm. Auntie isn't gonna like this... Not one bit. I squeaked when the cold bacta patch was placed onto me. "There you go. All better. Should heal up probably an hour or two." He said and stood up. He walked to the front where uncle Echo was flying the ship. Looking back I see Mando sleeping. She was really brave. She tried scaring them off when they surrounded us. Daddy says she was trying to protect only Omega and I but I know it wasn't just us.

The ship jolts slightly when we land. I jump from my spot and walk to the door. It slides open and extends showing the walkway. I walk down it with everyone behind me. Mando was being carried by Omega. "Cid better pay extra for this mission." Did he not like Gundarks? I think they're... Really cool! All big and strong. No one will ever want to mess with them! "Why? I think it went swell." Since when did Uncle Wrecker use the word swell? "She never mentioned the place would be swarming with Gundarks!" Echo argued. "Not the first time." Tech explained. Yeah, maybe she just has bad memory.

We walked past some guards that were just standing around. They were watching us. It made me feel uneasy. "Uhhhh... Daddy?" I asked quietly. He hummed. "I know. I see them too." He says. I nod. Feeling a bit better he knows what's going on. We finally get to Cid's and walk in. Inside it was really packed. "When did this place become popular?" Echo asked. I shrugged. Maybe a party! *Le gasp* birthday party! Which reminds me I forgot to ask auntie when my birthday is. I forgot which day. I never really had a real celebration because we moved a lot. Maybe if I call her later we can all celebrate together. I'm sure Cid will like that.

We walk to the office hallway but are stopped by a guard. "This is a restricted area." Daddy looks at my uncle's and they all beat him up. He hits the wall and falls to the ground sleeping. I giggle and pay his head. "Good dreams." I say and walk after my family. I stop when a realization hits me. Did something happen to Zander? I run to the office. "V! Wait!" They ran after me as I quickly opened the door. Inside were guards  and a strange man sitting in Cid's chair. He was holding Ruby but I didn't care. "You shouldn't be in my office." He said. He has a carefree voice. Sounds kind of sad actually. "This isn't your office." Daddy said. They were all aiming their guns. I glance to the corner and see a big tank. It's covered by a large cloth or cloak of some sort. I glare at the man.

He stares at me with interest. I start making a slight yowling sound. Kind of like when dogs growl when agitated. Like that. My hair on my ears and tail stick up. "Ruby?" Omega asked confused. "Yes. She is my prized possession." He said petting her. "How?" Omega asked confused. "Well I paid and Cid delivered. Now I bought this parlor and all of Ord Mantel territory." Omega looked worried. "Where's Cid?" Daddy asked. "She's out." He stood up. "If you're looking for work we're always available." He said. My family lowered their weapons. "We'll think about it." Daddy said. Did he notice Zander's tube back there? "You do that." I nudged daddy. He looked down at me. I shrugged my head to the tube and daddy looked over. Seeing the tube in the back, he growled.

But he still turned and left. But, but, but... We need to get Zander! I still followed him though. I can't deal with big men yet. "We're leaving Ord Mantel. Omega and V get on the ship with Tech and Echo. We'll find supplies." We stopped and Omega got in front of him. "What did he mean Cid's out?" Omega asked as we kept walking. Yeah. Cid was nice enough to help us. She was nice... Sometimes. Maybe 30% of the time. The rest is all Cid being Cid. "It means she was either forced out or taken out." We gasped. I joined Omega. "We have to find her and get Zander!" I say. Omega nods quickly. Daddy sighed and opened his mouth to say something but a whistle caught our attention. Behind us, in the ship, was Cid. "Glad to know someone cares." She says annoyed. She stands up straight and motions behind her. "In. Now." She demands. We quickly got on.