Chapter 3

Daddy put me down on a bed in the ship. It was only Echo, him, and I. The three others are somewhere uncle Echo calls a bar. I was tucked in and daddy started telling me a story. It was the story of five heroes who won a clone war. I started to ponder what a clone war was. What even is a clone? I was going to ask but I felt too tired. I held my bunny and fell asleep. It felt so nice and safe in daddy's ship. Nothing bad can happen to me now.

*Hunter's pov*

I smiled slightly seeing V snore softly. She went out fast. I got up putting an empty book down. You'd think with the amount of time spent in this ship you'll have a book or two but nope. Maybe adult ones but no children books. I walked to where Echo sat and saw him looking at pictures on a data pad. "You okay Echo?" He looked to me quickly, startled by my sudden intrusion. "O-oh. Hey hunter." He looked back down the pictures. I looked at them and saw they were of his hold squad or troop. I could immediately tell one person from the others based on his blue colors compared to all the whites. It was Rex. "You miss them?" He nods turning it off and putting it down. "They were my first family, you know? We were brothers as tight as tight could be." I nod. "That's the same with the others. Crosshairs, Tech, and Wrecker are my family. I wouldn't understand what it's like to be lost from a family like that." He jumps down from the crate.

"I better go check on the others. Make sure Wrecker isn't trying to destroy the entire bar." I hissed at the thought. He would totally do that. "I'll come. She should be safe in here. Lock it behind me." Echo nods and we leave the ship. I close it off and lock the ship behind me before we take off for the bar. I had not realized the enemy we were sent out to capture were watching our every move.

*??? pov*

I wait about ten minutes after they initially left before getting close to the ship. Why would they send a bunch of weird looking clones after us? They surely are getting dumber aren't they? I pulled a metal frame off and started trying to hack into it to unlock it. So many firewalls and blocks. Damnit! Nearly impossible to break in like this. Guess I'll have to use a different method. I opened my bag and pulled out a door charge. Should be enough to blast open a ship door. I sealed it onto the ship and ran to hide behind a rock. After a few seconds it went off and exposed the inside of the ship. "Yes!" I cheered to myself. I then snuck inside. The inside was lit up with red lights probably supposedly alerting anyone inside about a breach, but no one's here.

I looked around grabbing different things such as explosives, knives, guns. There's so much here. While I was at it I grabbed some intel from their ship and any extra data pads. This one data pad had a picture of a group of clone troopers. Weird. Maybe it was their old group. I looked around some more only to find a sleeping child. Okay first of all, how did a child sleep through the big explosion? Second of all, why did these grossly looking clones have a child? Are they kidnapping her? I could use her as leverage. I picked her up feeling how light she is. 'Are they even feeding her!?' I held her close to me and ran from the ship with the supplies I had found. They'll never get us now.

*Hunter's pov*

I chuckle at Wrecker singing terribly with the singer. Anyone would believe he's drunk but he's not. He's like this all the time so, we just get used to it. Crosshairs is rubbing his face annoyed by the big fella but Wrecker grabs him and makes him join in. Cross did not like that. He attempts to escape his grasp but we all know you can't. Tech is on his data pad attached to his arm. He seems to be either video taping this or he's looking up things. I open my mouth to speak to Echo but I get an alert from my watch. I check it and realize the ship has been breached. Everyone else got the alert too. "V." They look at me just as I said her name. CRAP! We all bolted out with the bar tender yelling behind us. We ran as fast as we could to our ship only to find it's been blown open. Wrecker starts freaking out about his explosions accidentally going off but I run in and to the beds only to find V gone.