Chapter 1

(A/N: DISCLAIMER! I DO NOT OWN RWBY OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. IF I INTRODUCE ANYONE NEW I WILL CLAIM THEM. Also I this story probably will not be consistent with the series as I am making up the back story. Also I'm in the process of revising/editing chapters. Please keep in mind that the the beginning of this book started around volume 2 so there may be a few inconsistencies with the main plot. I will do my best to correct everything as I revise :3 )

===================

"Thank you all for coming," the large bear of a man announced to the crowd that was gathering. It was simple to see why everyone followed him. Even without standing on a stage, the man known to us simply as Lieutenant towered over most everyone in the room.  I looked over his shoulder to the crowd that he was addressing. Half of the room was dressed in white with black hoods, they were already committed followers of the White Fang. The rest were dressed in everyday clothes, some of them showed animistic features such as ears or antlers. All of them wore Grimm masks, and all of them were Faunus, looking for a way to fight for their place in the human dominated world. 

I glanced from the man talking over to the man next to me wearily. Both he and I were human and didn't belong here. Roman Torchwick adjusted his black bowler cap on to his head of orange hair. He was my boss, and I his henchman. He didn't have a history of playing well with others and here in this room of human hating Faunus, his smart remarks were dangerous. He didn't look the slightest bit concerned as the man onstage continued. 

"For those of you who are joining us for the first time tonight, allow me to introduce a very special comrade of ours. I can assure you, he is the key to obtaining what we have fought for for so long," he spread his arms wide and Roman walked forward on cue. I followed a few steps behind and moved a bit to the side. Out of the crowd's focus but still within range. 

Roman lifted one hand and waved with a small amount of arrogance to the crowd saying, "Thank you! Thank you! Please, hold your applause."

The committed members in hoods knew our faces and provides small claps, but the presence of Roman on stage confused the newcomers greatly. Instead of clapping they murmured among themselves in a rumble of instant distrust and anger. 

"What's a human doing here?!" A woman with orange hair and deer antlers demanded, pointing to the stage. Shouts of unhappy agreements followed her. 

"I'm glad you asked deary," Roman grinned, completely unfazed. I tensed slightly at his dear joke aimed at the girl with antlers. If they rioted it would prove challenging for even me to deal with this number of people. He continued on smoothly before most had a chance to process his dear pun. 

"Now I'll be the first to admit, humans are the worst," he waved his black can a little for emphasis before gesturing to himself and adding, "Case in point. So, I understand why you'd like to see us all locked away or better yet, killed. But, before the claws come out I'd like to mention the fact that you and I all have a common enemy, the ones in control. The people pulling the strings. The dirty, rotten humans that run our kingdoms. Government, military, even the schools, they're all to blame for your lot in life!" 

The crowd, at first considering the idea of killing him, were now enamored by him. They cheered him on, enthralled by what he was saying. He grinned wider and continued on, "And they're all pests that need to be dealt with. Fortunately, I'm the best exterminator around- no offence to any rodents in the room." 

Before this other comment could offend anyone, Roman snapped his fingers and the giant curtain behind us was pulled away to reveal a massive robot. It was some serious tech and very dangerous looking. This thrilled Roman's audience and they cheered louder. Roman raised his voice a bit to continue being heard above them and they quieted a bit to let him continue.