Chapter 22

Exhausted from using so much of my aura, it took a little more effort to lift up my head and walk into the library. Both team RNBW and team RWBY were waiting for me.

"So you're alive," Wolf grinned teasingly, but I could tell that he really had been worried about me. His red ears lifted up and his tail wagged eagerly.

"We were worried," Rech said calmly as they came over and hugged me. Team RWBY glanced at eachother awkwardly. Yang glared at us, deciding that they must be almost as traitorous as I was. The image of my teammates' dead bodies scattered around me caused me to flinch back and pull out of their embrace.

"You're late," the ice queen snapped, crossing her arms and sticking her nose in the air.

"Did you find anything?" Blake asked with... was that sympathy in her eyes?

"My informant didnt know anything," I said softly.

"So you dont have anything?" Yang asked me with attitude.

I ignored her and turned to the others saying, "It appears that my old business associates-" here Weiss scoffed at my name for them "-have placed a bounty on my head. Fortunately this worked out okay, because three White Fang members came out of hiding and after me. Two of them are in the other room. Ozpin is giving us 2 hours to interrogate them before Ironwood gives them to professionals."

"Only two hours?" Bolt asked in surprise. For interrogation, that wasn't much time at all.

"What happened to the third?" Yang asked, crossing her arms and looking me over closely.

"There was... an unfortunate event," I replied, mentally cringing as the memory of his head splatting in the Libratian's hands like an insect flashed in my mind.

"Hmph," Yang scoffed. Even without her saying anything, I could tell that she thought that I killed the other man.

"We should be going," I said, turning on my heal and leading the others away. Yang followed reluctantly behind. The hallways grew darker and had more turns. These were usually set aside for the General and his men to use as offices, but they had shut off a section for out two teams to use.

"Through here," I said indicating to a door ahead. Yang brushed past me. She bumped my side roughly and scoweled down at me before yanking open the door. The rest of the teams and I followed her in.

It was a tiny room with two doors in it. Each of those doors lead to an interrogation room with one of the White Fang members inside.

"Its kinda cramped," Wolf said as we squished together inside.

"Thats why there's these, so we can watch from the hall way," I replied holding up tablets. I passed them out and then lead the teams back out to the hall.

"How do we want to do this?" Bolt asked.

"Let me in there and I'll beat answers out of them," Yang said confidently, crashing her gauntlets together.

"We should let Rech go in first," I told the group.

"I do have experience with this sort of thing," Recherche admitted. No one decided to ask how. Team RWBY probably assumed that her parents did something like this. We all agreed and Recherche went into each of the rooms, and traced her arcane mark on their heads. While we watched from the hallway.

"Can I talk to you?" Blake asked Yang sounding a bit unsettled. Yang nodded and Blake lead her down one of the hallways. Shortly afterwards Rech came out to speak with us.

"The faunus girl is going to have to be tricked into giving us what we want, no amount of scaring her will do us any good. The guy on the other hand, we may be able to frighten things out of him," she said.