Chapter 13

I blinked in surprise, not wanting to believe what I was seeing.

"Don't be mad," Wolf said. I blinked twice more, masking my hurt and surprise of his betrayal with the other things I was feeling, like determination to hold back amy information, but mostly anger. He gave me his signature puppy dog eyes, trying to apologize without saying anything.

"Don't look at me like that," he begged softly. I glared at him with the rage of 100 suns, fueled by my pain. My eyes both turned pink with my anger. For a moment I remembered a few of the times that he'd given me that look. Like the first time that I'd meet him. His parents had died in a fire that destroyed his home and his life. I found hom on the street and taught him, just as Sleepslicer had done for me. He'd been digging through the trash when I found him, and stared up at me with those same eyes.

It was the same look that he gave me one one of our assassination missions, when he almost cried and told me that he just couldn't kill a man, no matter how bad of a man he was. It was just the slightest bit sadder and more helpless than the look that he gave me when he asked me to teach him a better theif, the profession that he would eventually master and take jobs for.

How could he have done this to me? How could he betray me, after all I'd done for him? How could he stare down at me now, with that very same look? I glared at him until he dropped his gaze. He opened his mouth to speak but I was quick to cut him off.

"I don't want to hear your excuses," I snapped.

"So she can talk," Ironwood said from his place by the door. Crap. I had forgotten that he, Goodwitch, and Ozpin were still in the room. I quickly clenched my jaw and glared at the chains around my ankles.

"We'll leave you two alone to talk things over," Ozpin told us, rising from his place across the table. He handed Glynda her tablet thing back and followed her and General Ironwood or of the room, the door locked tightly behind them.

I glared up at the corner of the room at the camera there, letting them know that I could tell that they were still watching and listening.

Wolf sighed and ran a hand through his messy red hair saying, "Neo, you have to believe me when I say I never ment for you to be in here. Won't you talk with me?" I rolled my eyes sarcastically, silently telling him that I didn't believe him and that I wasn't going to say another word to him.

"Okay then. If you won't talk then will you listen?" he asked. I looked over at him and shrugged silently asking, 'Do I really have a choice?'

"First you should know that me and my team were entirely faithful to you until a few hours ago," Wolf began. I scoffed silently and crossed my arms as I continued to glare at the faunus. It shouldn't have mattered, he owed me a life debt, and much more.

"I know what I owe you. I may not be a theif any more, but my promises to you still matter to me," he said, begging with his eyes for me to believe him. He ruffled his hair again. "We wouldn't have told them anything, but we got caught." I arched an eyebrow at him in surprise. A few of the best theives that I know got caught, just like that? 'What happened?' I asked with my eyes.

Now it was Wolf's turn to look down to the floor, his eyes filled with sorrow. "It was Cinder," he chocked out as he teared up. My eyes softened as I waited for him to continue. "We were following her after all of the fighting had ended, but we followed too close. She caught on that we were following her and her henchmen spacifically. They led us into a dead end and confronted us." He looked up to me now.

"We fought them as best as we could, but it wasn't good enough. They beat us bad Neo. We still wouldn't tell them anything. I think she figured that we were working for Ozpin. But Cinder she... she killed Mora," his voice cracked.

I blinked again in surprise, one of my eyes going white and the other pink. Nevermora was ... dead? I almost didn't believe it. I didn't want to. But there was no way that Wolf could fake the pain that he was showing. My heart dropped. Hadn't I just seen Mora and the others alive and well only a few hours ago? And Nevermora and Recherch were together and happy. Poor Rech. I wondered how she was taking it.

Wolf took a deep breath and continued. "Ozpin and Goodwitch came just after and scared them off. We all would be dead if it wasn't for them. Ozpin is allowing us to remain here as students, in return for the information. After what happened, we weren't emotionally stable enough to resist him. We're still not recovered from it, and Rech... she's even worse of than Bolt and me. You know they were together, Resh and Mora." I nodded slowly. Yes I knew, and I understood why Wolf and the others did what they did.

"Im sorry," I said softly, and I meant it. I never meant for Wolf and the others to be in that kind of danger. I never meant for Mora to... I didn't even want to finish the thought.

At this point Ozpin came back into the room. He walked back over to us and sat back down in front of me. I watched him warily as he took a sip from his mug and set it down.

"I'm prepared to make you a deal, Miss Neopolitan," he told me, setting his elbows on the table, leaning forward and knitting his fingers together. I arched an eyebrow at him curiously, letting him know that he has my attention and that I was listening. I wasnt sure what he could do for me though. Maybe he could reduce my jail sentence, but that wouldn't help me much in the long run. My reputation was tarnished, I would never be able to get a job again.

"I would like to offer you a job," he told me seriously. I blinked in surprise, my eyes changing color. He couldn't mean it.

The door swung open and General Ironwood stormed in, closely followed by Goodwitch. "Oz, you cant be serious!" He nearly shouted.

"But I am General," Ozpin said calmly, keeping his eyes on me. "I need someone to go through my school as well as the visiting schools, and we'd out any other enemies, add well as a few other odd jobs here and there. Can you do that Miss Neoploitan?" I nodded firmly. Yes I could do that.

"Good," he said, watching me closely, "In the meantime you will join team RNBW. You will take Nevermora's place as Wolf's partner. Wolf will take you there now." I nodded again, rising and following Wolf to the door. Goodwitch and Ironwood moved to the side, both glaring at me with mistrust and worry.

People murmured, glared and cursed as I followed Wolf down the hall.

"What is Professor Ozpin thinking?" One girl hissed. That was a good question that I wondered about to, but I had a job to do. I held up my head and smiled.

(AN: Sorry for the late update guys!  Team RWBY 's reactions well be next chapter)