Book 2

*Coming Soon*

I breathed the fresh air in deeply, admiring the lovely weather as I walked down the streets of Vale. Wolf's birthday was in a few days and I was shopping for the perfect present.  Recherche was keeping him busy by doing extra training lessons to prepare for the Vital festival, which due to the past events had been put on pause until now. Admittedly I was excited, and had now doubt that team RNBW would do well.

I caught my reflection in a shop window. The gash on my cheek from Nick Sleepslicer was already fading, and besides that I looked a bit different. It was difficult to explain. I was still me and my style hadn't changed. I guess it was that I looked happier.

Slicer was gone. He was no longer a threat to me or my friends. We stopped the bomb and saved the school. My classmates now respected me and stopped seeing me as a criminal. Though Cinder and her minions got away, they and the White Fang had been quiet for a while now. Even though I wasn't completely comfortable with it, my Scary Neo mode was under control. Then there was the excited buzz of the upcoming festivities for Vital. So overall, everything was going good. 

Or at least I had thought they were. If everything was so good, then what was that nagging feeling at the back of my mind? And those tingles down my spine? It felt like I was being followed. I glanced around me quickly, trying not to seem paranoid. 

I felt something grab my arm, and I almost went on the offensive, ready to slash out at whatever it was. It was only a little girl. She was crying and clinging to my arm. 

"P-please help me," she sniffed, looking up at me with wide eyes. 

"What is it?" I asked her gently. 

"S- someone's in my house," she sobbed, "You have to help me please." I was ready to reach for my scroll. "He have to go now!" the girl said grabbing my arm and trying to tow me behind her. "I think mommy and daddy are hurt." There wasn't time to call for backup then. I ran with the little girl. Until we reached streets with homes instead of shops.

The lead me into a nicer looking home, the door had been left open and the lock had clearly been broken.

I quickly turned back to the little girl. "Don't come in okay? Run back to where I was and find one of the officers there. They'll keep you safe," I told her before entering the house.  There had clearly been a struggle. This were knocked over and broken. After quickly and quietly checking to make sure that the main level was secure, I made my way up stairs. I stepped over the remains of a shattered vase and gripped my umbrella tighter before I quickly pulled open a white door and stepped inside. 

That's when everything changed. I was no longer in a modern house, but what looked like an old abandoned building. Wood planks that made up the walls and floors were broken.The window was shattered. I had walked into a trap. I turned around to see where I had come from. There was no clean white door that I had walked through, just more space. I closed my eyes and scolded myself for being so careless. 

When I opened my eyes again the little girl was standing in front of me. She giggled and the image of her flickered and disappeared. There were only two people that I knew that had semblances similar to this, and I had killed one of them. These weren't physical illusions like mine and Sleepslicer's. 

"Get out of my head Emerald," I spat. Then suddenly the mint haired girl with red eyes was standing in front of me. 

She folded her arms and with no small amount of sass said, "That took you long enough to figure out." I was in a lot of trouble. Before I could process what was happening Mercury suddenly appeared behind me, and stabbed some sort of needle into my neck. 

"Welcome back Sweetheart," he smirked as what felt like fire coursed through my body. "Hey," Mercury continued, looking to Emerald now. "Do you think this stuff we got from Sleepslicer's old tent will really work?"  I wanted to scream or shout, but I couldn't move. The fire inside of me was to painful and intense. I collapsed to the ground, wanting the pain to end. 

"Guess so," Mercury noted as I lost consciousness. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up chained to a wall. Rather than pulling against them, which probably wouldn't do anything, I observed my surroundings. The chain looked solid. The room that I was in was dark, and hard to make out much. Up ahead was a large screen on the wall. In front of that screen was the figure of a girl. 

"Oh," said a very familiar voice. I jerked into a sitting position. It was MY voice. "You're awake." The girl turned around and I saw that she was ME.

"I know what you're thinking," she said with a smirk. "Well, I don't know for sure anymore. I'm not in your head. I'm in... our head." She gestured around at the room. In our head? This girl wasn't making any sense. Who was she?

"Well," she shrugged. "I am you. Or I was you. I guess I still technically am you. Or... you are we."

"What does that even mean?" I snapped.

"Remember that stuff that was in the needle that Mercury stabbed you... me... us, really, with? That weird stuff made who we were split in two. We were one, and now there's me, and there's you," she tried to explain. 

"So you're part of me that was split off?" I asked, starting to understand. 

"Yeah that's it! We even had a name for me. What was it again? Scary Neo? Yeah that's it," she said, touching her hand to her chin. 

"You're Scary Neo? So all I have to do is regain control of myself right?" I asked hopefully. 

"See that's the thing," she giggled, turning away from me now. "We're completely separate, and me? I'm in control now." 

"Wait!" I protested, pulling against my chains. She wasn't listening to me anymore. She stepped forward and placed her hand on a glowing ball that was in front of the screen. Then suddenly I could feel my muscles working, even through I wasn't moving . The screen showed what we were seeing through my eyes. I was trapped in my head with Scary Neo.