Chapter 32

I woke to the sound of hushed whispers. I was still curled into Wolf's side, with his arm wrapped around me. Recherche and Bolt had woken up and saw us like that.

"Awww, they're so cute!" Bolt chuckled in a low voice.

"They do make a good couple," Rech agreed. I hadn't opened my eyes yet, but I imagined that she nodded.

"Should we wake them?"

"No, we can give them a few minutes more. We can go eat, and then come back if we need to," Recherche decided, and they left the room.

I smiled to myself and rolled over to face the wolf faunas. The movement caused him to stir and wake up. He blinked tiredly, still used to being asleep, until his eyes focused on me.

"Good morning," I told him softly, ruffling his red hair with my hand. He dropped his head and put it on my shoulder.

"Can we go back to sleep?" he groaned. I found his grumpyness adorable and let a soft giggle escape my lips before kissing his cheek gently. He blinked quick a few times before they widened and a wide grin spread across his face.

"If you do that a few more times, it might wake me up more," he said, inching closer to me. I laughed loudly now, and ruffled his hair.

"Get up you lazy bum!" I pulled myself out of his arms and gathered up my clothes before leaving to change. I dressed quickly, checked the bruises over my ribs, which were healing nicely. When I got back to the room Wolf had dressed and was ruffling his hair so it laid neater.

"Ready for breakfast?" I asked.

He flashed me a fanged grin and replied, "Always." He took my hand, which was a foreign to me, but nice at the same time, and lead me down to the dining hall. There we met Recherche and Bolt, who only teased us a little bit before we finished breakfast and continued to our classes. Despite everything, classes had remained mostly the same, as if nothing had happened. To be honest, the boring rants and long lectures were not nearly as horrifying as what came after our final class was done with. After classes was... training with Yang and the other members of team RWBY.

Before I fully understood what was happening or before I could stop her, Yang had convinced the whole group that I needed to practice taking control of my Scary Neo mode and that it just might be the only way to stop Nick Sleepslicer.

"Yang, this isn't a good idea," I tried to reason with the blond.

"What? Are we going to have to wait until its too late and you just snap one day?" She asked with attitude. I knew she was trying to do this for my own good but still...

"It is under control until I give it control, its just that when I do I can't get it back," I sighed.

"How many times do I have to tell you that holding it back isn't control?" She asked, rolling her eyes. I looked around to my friends, waiting for one of them to back me up, but they couldn't come up with any better excuses than I could.

"It's dangerous," I said weakly.

Yang scoffed,"I think all of us here can take you."

"I really don't think you can. I almost killed you Yang," I told her, trying to make her remember the night on the train. I could tell that she remembered well, but that just seemed to be more of a reason to control it.

"So then what? You don't control it, you don't get stronger, Sleepslicer comes back for us, and do you really think he'll just stop at maiming Wolf?" Yang demanded. My eyes darted to Wolf, who tried to act like my old mentor coming back didn't scare him, but the twitch of his ears gave it away. The brown and pink of my eyes switched sides. I hadn't stopped to think about it like that. I had assumed that the biggest danger to them would be Scary Neo, but if Sleepslicer did come back for me, then my friends, especially Wolf, would be his first targets. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply before opening them again and looking to Yang.