Chapter 12

I soon found myself in an interrogation room. My hands and my ankles were cuffed together, as if I'd be stupid enough to try to run. It was a very intimidating factor though. I had always been capable of fighting without my weapon, but I needed my hands and feet free for that. Right now I was kinda helpless. Yet my training still kicked in, and I silently glared at the other three I the room with me.

They looked famikiar, but it still took me a moment to fully remember. I had never met them before, but some of their information was in the files that Wolf had sent me.

The first one was a woman. She had blond hair that was pulled up into a neet bun. Her glasses helped the stern look that she was giving me as she scanned my every move from the corner behind me. She also held a flat rectangle device, which she used to record anything I said or did. An easy job for her, being that I didn't say a single word. She had a white blouse and a purple cape. Her name was Glynda Goodwitch.

A man paced in front of me on the other side of the room. His jaw was set in a silent snarl. He was a tall, broad shouldered man wearing a white suite. He had dark hair with white on the sides. He didn't know me, but I was very familiar with General Ironeood. He was growing increasingly angry at my silence.

I them turned my quiet gaze to the last man in the room. My interrogator. He sat across the table from me with a calm but serious expression. He had silver hair and small, dark, circular glasses that didn't cover his brown, watchful eyes. He sighed in disappointment as I refused to answer yet another question. His name wad Ozpin, and he was the Headmaster of Beacon.

"Just give her to my men Ozpin. They'll get answered from her the hard way," Ironwood growled in annoyance. My heartbeat increased, but I still started at the Headmaster blankly.

Glynda stepped up to us. The hair stood up on the back of my neck. I hated having someone behind me, especially when I couldn't do anything about it. She reached from behind me and handed her tablet to Ozpin. As it passed I briefly caught a glimpse of my picture, along with a familiar face.

A memory flashed in my mind of that same face.

It was a dark night, and very cold. I shivered as the pouring rain poured down in heavy drops on my skin. I leaned over the edge of the metal bin, looking for something, anything to use as a shield from the rain.

I gritted my teeth and swore as I cut myself on a piece of glass. I just ignore the small amount of blood and continued to did. I struggled to move a larger bag. I was even smaller then and very skinny and frail from the lack of food.

Nothing! There was nothing helpful here! I angrily pulled myself out of the garbage bin and into the ally. I leaned against the brick wall of the ally and slid down to the ground, not caring that it slighly pulled up the edge of my soaking wet sweatshirt or that it slightly stretched me. I was to cold, wet and numb to care.

A man stepped out of his home and glared when he saw me. He picked up a broom and began to swing it at me.

"Go! Get out of here! Shoo! We dont want the likes of you on our streets!" He shouted. On of his blows knocked me to the ground and he continued to swing at me. I pushed myself to my feet and ran.

Panting for breath I found another ally and collapsed. I was so weak and cold. I hugged my knees to me and set my head on them as I shivered from the rain. Why did he hate me? Its not like I wanted to be here! I hated him! I hated the people who put me here! The people who killed my parents. I felt tears slide down my face and mingle with the rain, which continued to pelt against my back, now raw from the constant onslaught of rain.

Then, the pressure was suddenly gone. I gasped in surprise to see a large black umbrella covering me and shielding me from the rain. I looked up at the man holding in in shock and a little bit of fear.

He was wearing a long coat, had his dark purple hair slicked back and a large scar going across his eye. He looked down at me and smiled. Nick Sleepslicer was my savior and became the best mentor anyone of our profession could ask for.

I pulled myself out of my past as the Headmaster cleared his throat and looked at the tablet.

"Well miss Neopolitan, it seems you've had quite the history. Your parents were killed by assassins for unknown reasons. Because the nearby orphanages were too full they couldn't take you in. Unable to track down any living relatives you were sent to the streets," Ozpin said. I kept a blank emotionless mask on. I tried not to live in the past.

"Thats where all official records end," Ozpin continued, and pulled out a blackpaper file. As he flipped it open I saw pictures of a few of my past jobs. My eyes opened a little wider in surprise. How did he get a hold of my score? I narrowed my eyes at him as he flipped the file open and began to read.

"You were then taken in and trained by Nicholas Sleepslicer, a former bodyguard and assassin like yourself," as he spoke he pulled out a photo of my old mentor. On the photo, he and I were sneaking across a rooftop. My heart squeezed and I turned my gaze to the ground as I held back tears. I missed him so much.

"And like him you completed every mission successfully. You began your career as an assasin. You were truly a master of your craft. Its unclear how many you have killed," he continued, he put forward pictures of some of my targets. Each was done quickly and efficiently. I glanced up at the photos and then to the side guilty. It was my job. That didn't mean that I liked it, or that I liked being reminded of it.

"Then for some reason after you completed your training, you quit your assassination missions and became a henchman. It seems you excelled at this too, never failing your employer or to do your job... until today. Why is that?" at this point he looked back up at me questioningly. I matched his gaze with a silent glare. I didn't like having mh past, or my failures being thrown back at me.

Realizing that I still wasnt going to talk, he gently adjusted the pictures of my victims. "You've killed so many," he murmered gently, "and yet you've saved about as many as you've killed." I started up at him in surprise. How would he know something like that?

"I see no children in here. And all of the men and women in these photos were bad people. I highly doubt that this was by accident." I just glared at him. This was non of his business. He leaned closer to me, resting his arms on the table. I instinctively gave him a challenging glare. "How many life debts have you collected? How many lives have you saved, that wont be found in any of these files?" I couldnt meet his gaze anymore. I dropped my eyes to the floor. If anyone knew about this, my score would be ruined, my reputation torn to pieces. I would never be hired again. People would come looking for me. My life was pretty much forfeit.

"You have no proof that any of this is," I said softly, speaking for the first time.

"Actually we do," Ozpin said smugly, standing up. "We have some people on the inside, a few of which you know personally." He looked up to Ironwood and said "Send him in."

I stood too, ready to face whoever would dare to turn on me. This would ruin their score, even send pwople on the hunt for him. Did Roman do it to save his own skin? Was it Mucury doing something for Cinder? I glared at the doorway as Ironwood pulled open the door.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Dont be mad okay?" The Wolf faunus said, scratching the back of his neck uncomfortably.

My heart sank low and i wad almost dizzy with disbelief. Wolf.... betrayed me?

(AN: the pic attached isnt mine)