Chapter 16

After a quick trip to the nurse's office to patch me up, team RNBW met team RWBY in Professor Ozpin's office. Yang and I locked eyes as my team and I walked into the office. Yang glared at me, but not with as much rage as before. Instead there was confusion and mistrust. She was probably wondering why I covered for her.

That was a question I wanted answered myself. I let her beat me, we were square, but why didn't I let her take the fall? It couldn't be because I felt sorry for almost killing her, could it? I shook my head and broke my gaze with her. No I must have had a different reason.

Instead I focused on Recherche, who stood proudly at the front of our team. She had her arms crossed, and had almost a defensive stance. She looked completely put together, without the slightest sign that just an hour ago she had been completely broken, desteoyed by the loss of Nevermora. Damn she was strong.

"What can we do for you Professor?" Ruby asked nervously, probably still nervous that her sister might get expelled for fighting me. Professor Goodwitch had been sent to find our teams before Yang and I got into it, so why were we here? I flipped my right eye to pink and my left to brown as I looked over at Ozpin.

He folded his hands on his desk and looked up at the two teams seriously. He sighed, wondering exactly how to word whay he was about to say. His gaze shifted from me to Yang as he said, "I know this is going to be difficult for some of you, but I need your team's to work together."

"What?" Team RWBY demanded in shocked tones all at once.

"How could you ask us to work with her?" Weiss asked sharply. I resisted the urge to flinch back from her words, or to make a rude guesture. There was only one her that she could be talking about.

"What do you need us to do?" Recheche asked, ignoring the Schnee girl and taking on a business like manner. So that's why she was leader of team RNBW, I realized. She was much stronger than I ever knew.

"A war is coming, and we are completely unprepared. I need your team's to figure out what the the enemy is doing and what their next move will be," Ozpin said with a grave tone.

"Okay, I get that they are really talented fighters and they have Torchwick's henchman, but why us?" Blake asked.

"She's not saying no," Weiss cut in quickly, "but why?"

"Because your team has a way of finding trouble anyway, Miss Belladonna, and I would rather you do it with the Academy's help than behind our back," Ozpin answered simply.

"No," Yang growled in a low voice.

"Yang..." Ruby said in a soft pleading tone.

"I said no Ruby," Yang snapped.

"Ozpin is right, " Weiss told the blond, "we can't keep doing this on our own."

Yang glared over at me, and I could feel the rage building up inside her as she said, "I don't trust her."

"Then trust us to keep her in line," Recherche told team RWBY. I resisted the urge to ask Rech what she meant by 'keep me in line' but didn't, knowing that she was just trying to smooth things out with the other team.

Blake observed the situation before looking up at Ozpin and asking, "can we have a few minutes to talk about this?"

"Please," Ozpin told her, juestureing to the door. Yang stormed out onto the hallway, closely followed by her teammates. They were out there for a few minutes. I could hear Yang shouting and the others trying to reason with her. She stayed at the back of the room when their team walked back in.
"We'll do it," Ruby said, stepping forward as their leader.

"Excellent," Ozpin said, nodding his head. "I suggest both teams take the night off to gather your thoughts and to put aside whatever quarrels you may have with each other. We need you to work together on this. You should meet sometime tomorrow to discuss what needs to be done." And with that he excused us. As my team began to walk away, I heard Yang's boots stop behind us. I turned to face her, wondering what she wanted, my teammates stopping only a few paces after me.

"This doesn't make up for what you did," she told me in a threatening tone. The corner of my mouth picked up in a soft smile before I turned and walked away with my team. Of course it didn't.

(AN: sorry this one is so short! I needed to fit this part in. This story just hit 100 votes! Thank you everyone for reading and voting! It really means a lot to me!)