Chapter 27

I watched as Murcury and Emerald began to circle around me. I stood protectively next to Yang, who still hadnt moved. I wondered how long I would be able to hold them off. They were a hard enough fight when I was on my own, but now I had to make sure they didnt get to her. I opened my umbrella and tested it on my shoulder, doing my best not to show any concern.

Mucry turned to Emerald and said, "Hey, if we take Miss Icecream home alive, do you think Cinder will let me keep her?"

"What?" she asked, his question catching her off guard as much as it had me.

The silver haired boy shrugged and walked closer to me, "All Im saying is I've been a good boy, I deserve a little treat."

"You're disgusting," Emerald snapped, wrinkling her nose.

Mucury laughed and turned to her saying, "Whatever. You're just jelous cause you want me too."

"As if," Emerald scoffed. That was my opening. As they were caught off guard by bickering with eachother I made my move. I kicked Mucury square in the gut, sending him flying.

Emerald shot at me with her pistols, which I blocked with my open umbrella. I quickly flipped over to her and attacked. I flicked my umbrella closed and swung it at her face. She blocked it with her guns that had turned into two green sickles. Ducking down, I swung my legs at her feet, kicking them out from under her and causing her to fall. I glanced back and saw that Mucury was getting up. I kicked Emerald hard in the side and then flipped back over to Yang, who still hadn't moved. I wanted desperately to try to shake her awake but I had to stay focused. I watched Mucry closely and listened for Emerald.

Murcury made a pouty face at me from the floor saying, "Now that wasnt very nice, Sweet Thing." Before I could respond he charged at me using a few flips to repeatedly kick at me. I blocked one with my umbrella, pushed one aside with my hands, and tried to block a third with my leg, which was a stupid idea. His boots and kicks were his main weapon and he was just a little stronger than me. His kick met with mine and I was kicked back. I managed to land in a crouch. I quickly stood, and winced in pain. My leg hurt like he hit with a baseball bat.

I gritted my teeth and held my ground. I wanted desperately to take my weight of of it and limp, but I couldn't do that. It would slow me down to much. I was small, so most of the power bedtime my attacks came from speed and momentum. I glared him down until he charged at me again, and heard Emerald run up behind me at the same time.

They reached me at the same moment. Emerald swung at me with her sickle while Murcury tried to kick me. I grabbed Emerald's wrist and pulled her forward, as I brought my elbow back into her gut. As I brought one arm back to strike Emerald, I brought the other forward to grab Mucury's ankle with the hook of my umbrella and pulled him towards me before ducking around him and turning to face he and Emerald.

Without a moment of hesitation, Murcury tried to spin and kick me in the face. I saw him coming, ducked under his leg, and knocking the other one out from under him and struck him in the chest with my umbrella as he fell. He was doen for yhe moment, but I had focused on him for too long. I barely had time to move my umbrella before Emerald's sickles could slice me to peices. She did hit me with enough force to knock me back. I lost my footing and fell to the ground wincing in pain as it hurt my injured leg.

Murcury jumped up, ready to strike again before I could move. Emerald transformed her sickles into guns and pointed them at my head. My eyes widened in surprise. I had never been thrown down like this, not since I was trained to be a henchman anyway.

"Its over Neo," Emerald told me, but a flash of gold behind them brought a smirk to my face. They looked at me in confusion as I arched an eyebrow at them, silently asking, "Is it?"

Murcury turned around just in time to see Yang's fist collide with his face. I even heard her her gauntlets go off to strengthen her punch. The silver haired boy was hit so hard that he flew back and rolled before landing face down a little ways away.

Before Emerald fully realized what was happening, I hit her hard in the back of my umbrella. She fell forward, unconsious just like Murcury. Yang looked down to me and smirked.

"Now that wasnt very nice." I returned her grin and shrugged telling her without words that I'm not very nice. She laughed, but her laughter was cut short by her scroll going off.

"Sup Rubes? How did your stealth mission go?" The blond asked into the white device.

"Heeeellllp!"came Ruby's desperate voice from the other end.

"Ruby where are you?" Yang asked, suddenly completely serious.

"We're at the first location. We found the white Fang base. Its underground, and we're trapped! We need backup!"

"We're on our way!" Ren's voice replied.

"Yeah!" Nora shouted, ready to help her friends.

"I don't know if that will be enough..." Ruby said worriedly

"We need backup here too," Recherche cut in.

"We're on it!" Jaune said quickly.

"We'll be there shortly," Pyrhha added.

"Two more isn't going to be enough here," Weiss told the group. Yang looked to me, silently asking if we should go, and I nodded.

"Neo and I are on our way. Don't worry Ruby, Im coming," she told thw younger girl.

"Hurry!" she urged. "We lost Wolf and we dont know where he is." My eyes widened in surprise. If Wolf thought that things were bad enough to break up the group, then they were in serious trouble.

"We're coming to you now," Yang assured her. She grabbed the briefcase I'd cash before we left thw container, jumped back onto Yang's motorcycle and rode off into the night.

[AN: quick break from vacation to update! Just so you know Murcury isn't really a perv. He uses his words like weapons as well, and his goal was to throw Neo of her game. Hope you enjoy! Sorry it took so long!]