Chapter 5

Members of the White Fang, Roman, and I made our way to the south east. We went to Mountain Glenn, the lost city of Vale, or rather, to the city underground. There we stopped the train, and began the next part of our plan. No, the next part of her plan.

I watched as three Faunus moved around a large contraption. It was one of the many bombs that they were making upon the train. I would never admit this to anyone, but so many explosives made me nervous. I couldn't wait to get as far away from it as possible. But other than the fear of exploding, I was board out of my mind. That boredom was upset when I was startled once again as my phone went off, but I quickly masked my surprise. I pulled it out, seeing Wolf's face.

"Yeah Wolf?" I asked, though I was thankful that he called. Finally something to do!

"Hey Neo, just checkin' in," he told me.

"Anything exciting to report?"

"Who's that Timber?" I heard another girl on the other end ask.

"It's not anything, you need to worry about Rech," Wolf said.

"Meaning that it is someone important," another girl said without much interest.

"No it doesn't Mora," he snapped. I rolled my eyes at them, but an amused grin settled on my face. I could safely assume that he was talking to Recherche and Nevermora.

"Is it her?" a boy asked. I arched an eyebrow at no one in particular. Her? What did he tell them about me.

Wolf sighed in exasperation, "It might be Bolt. Just shuddap and lemme talk to her." I held back a giggle at his huffy tone.

"It is Neo isn't it?" Recherche asked eagerly.

"Most likely," Nevermora replied.

"Lemme talk to her!" Bolt demanded.

There was a scuffling noise as Wolf and Bolt fought for the phone. I couldn't hold back my laughter any longer. I chuckled loudly, startling the Faunus next to me. I quickly composed myself and gave him a cold look until he stopped looking at me and got back to work.

Wolf cleared his throat and said, "Erm, sorry about that. That was my team. They're just ah, a bit excited to meet you."

"Well, tell them that I say hello," I said calmly, knowing that they could hear me.

"HI!!!" Nevermora, Recherche, and Bolt all shouted at once.

"Hello there," I said to them, "Have you got anything for me?"

"There's not a whole lot to report," Wolf said, I could practically hear him shrug. "That Mercury guy went up against one of the school's strongest girls. After a little while of no hard fighting, he just gave up. He didn't seem very strong to me."

I remembered hearing about Mercury. He takes out threats easily, and permanently. "Believe me, he wasn't trying. Do not underestimate those three," I warned.

"Noted," Wolf said. "There is another thing, a school dance coming up."

"Be careful. They might try something then," I told him.

"We're on it," he assured me.

"You'd better be," I threatened playfully. "Talk to you later, team Rainbow."

"BYE!!!" they all shouted. I chuckled and slipped the phone back into my pocket. The Faunus boy looked up at me again.

"What are you looking at?" I snapped at him. He dropped his gaze immediately and got back to work.

=========Time Jump!=========

I was right about Cinder and her crew making a move during the dance. Plans had been moving smoothly on my end, so when they called I answered immediately.

"Neo, they're making a move," a girl's voice said. I recognized it as Recherche. They'd called me enough so I knew each of them fairly well.

"What are they doing?" I asked.

"We don't know yet. Cinder has snuck away from the group."

"Follow her, but not too closely alright? She knows what she's doing. The last thing that we want is for one of us to get caught," I warned.

"Of course. Wolf's already on it," Cher said, certain that it would be successful, but I still worried.

"She cannot know that we are onto her, and if she catches you, she will be merciless. Please tell him to be careful," I sighed.

"You're worried about him," she taunted me playfully.

I sighed and said, "I'd be worried about all of you if he gets caught." Then I teasingly told added, "Don't you dare tell any of them that I said that".

"No promises," she laughed before hanging up the phone.

I slipped it back into my pocket and began to pace. I may have been joking with Recherche, but the fear part was real. Cinder and her crew would not hesitate to kill thwm if she knew that they were following her. I didn't even want to imagine what she would do to me if ahe found out that I sent them to watch her.

But there was nothing that I could do besides wait for another order from Roman, or for someone from team RNBW to call with news.

(A/N: sorry this chapter wasnt very exciting, but it needed to happen)