Chapter 21

Thr Librarian sat at his desk with his fingers intertwined and an amused look on his face. I stood up straighter and approached the desk with confidence. That in itself was a dangerous line to walk. Not enough confidence would bore him, but too much would anger him.

"Ah, Miss Neopolitan, it has been quote some time since I've seen you last," he said with a grin. I tilted my head and smirked. "Always so talkative. What can I help you with?" He chuckled.

"I need some information about a few people I used to work for," I told him, almost as if I didn't really need it.

"This wouldnt have anything with you switching sides and working for Ozpin, would it? Although a simple agreement to keep you out of jail didn't necissary mean ' good ' now does it? I guess that makes you a white rogue for now." My eyes widened ever so slightly. How did he know about that already?

"Do news about me has spread has it?" I asked walking around my desk, acting board, like I already knew the answer to my question."So then people would think that I got any new information from Ozpin and his spies." This was a weak ploy, and I was aware that he knew it. If Ozpin had to recruit me, then he and his spies knew nothing.

Still, my attempt to hide my desperation amused the Librarain, and the older man laughed loudly before sarcastically adding, "Oh sure, sure. No one would ever guess that I helped you. Ha! Really, where else could you possibly go?"

Crap, I was running out of ideas. What should I do? I had very little money, bot nearly enough to satisfy the Librarain's greed. I knew nothing new or interesting to trade. I couldn't even offer to break into anything to steal information, now that I was pretending to be a white knight. If Ozpin caught me breaking into anywhere I shouldn't our deal would be off and this would be for nothing.

Just then a soft creaking noise came from upstairs. Someone was tryin to make as little sound as possible to sneak sown here.

"Are they hear with you?" the Librarain asked. I shook my head no, but he already knew that. He closed his eyes and listened. The Librarian had scary good hearing. "Three of them. Each if then holding loaded guns of the same type. Clearly their looking for trouble. So, if they 're not here with you, then its safe to assume they're here for you." I glanced up at the ceiling, knowing that three was a handful, but they were still a good distance away.

"Here's a bit of information I'll give you free of charge," the man said, leaning closer to me as of to share a secret. "That Cinder woman that your boss worked for has put a bounty on your head. I have no doubt that those three are her pawns."

"We had better negotiate quickly then," I told him, switching the sides of my brown and pink eyes.

"What did you have in mind?" He asked curiously.

I pressed my hands on his desk, leaned forward and pitched him my idea."I have all of the muscle that I'm going to need with Ozpin and his friends behind me. I just need locations and information. You give me that, Ozpin and company take down Cinder and her minions, and while all that happens, I break in and steal all of the information that Cinder has. Then I delete the source so that you, and only you, have the information."

He pursed his lips and thought about it, though I knew I had him hooked. "There's no way to know for certain that this would work out."

"But you know me," I told him with determination. "And you know that I can fo this."

"Thats an offer I couldn't refuse," the Librarain grinned, and my heart sank. I knew there was a 'but' coming. The old man sighed and said, "but I'm sorry my dear, that is some information that I do not have." The smirk fell off my face. The Librarian didnt know? What was I going to do now? Not only did I run away from the school this morning, but Im going to have to go back empty handed. This was it. My deal with Ozpin would be over.

The Librarian began to laugh. Actually laugh. I narrowed my eyes at him. At least he wasn't mad, bit I was still screwed. Then I heard it, the three people had made it down the stairs and to the maze of books.

"Would you like to know something else, Miss Neopolitan?" he asked me. I arched an eyebrow at him, wondering what he would say. "Id imagine that if they were sent to get you, that they have to report so someone important, wouldn't they?"

My eyes widened a bit in shock and switched colors in excitement. That was it! All I had to do was take out these fuys and work my way up the chain! I grinned at the older man and gave him a small nod, thanking him for his help. Then I disappeared into the maze. As I walked, I looked up to see round mirrors that all connected to eachother, this was how the Librarian could see everything.

I carefully checked around the corner of the bookshelf and saw on of the men. He was taller than me, like many other people. He had tan skin and wore a White Fang mask and uniform. He and his friends had split up, probably hoping to get through the maze quicker.

I rushed him faster than he could react. I swept my leg at his feet, pulling them out from under him and tripping him forward. He shpited in surprise and his arms failed out instinctively to catch himself. I caught on of his arms and twisted it behind him and locking it. I normally qould have used this to push him through a bookcase, but then I realized who's home I was in. The Librarian wouldnt like it if I broke anything. Instead I shoved the faunus to the ground and kicked him in the head with enough force to knock him out. The two that he had come with heard him scream and came running.

They came at the same time and fired shores at me, all of which I blocked with my umbrella and sent them ricocheting into the ceiling, which the Librarain didnt seem to mind. Realizing that bullets wouldnt work, the White Fang members switched them to close range weapons, a mace and a hand axe, and charged me.

One of them was a few feet taller than me. He wielded the mace and had giant muscular arms. He had slower movements but ones I definitely didnt want to get hit with. The other was only a few inches taller and was a girl. She had quick movements like me, but not quite as strong, as long as I didnt get hit with the blade I would be fine.

Both of them were fairly experienced, but no match for me. I mostly dodged attacks from the big guy and hit the girl with ease. It wasn't even as intense as a practice match for me, and debated what would be the best way to deal with them. Did we need all three? How was I going to get them out of here? Would my teleportation hold up long enough to get the big guy back to the school? As I debated. The big guy missed an attack on me, and smashed a display case behind me.

Everything moved in slow motion. The glass shattered as the mace hit it full force. I just barely glimpsed the object inside. It was a picture in black and white. The photo was of a man, his wife, and little girl. My brain hardly had the time to process that the father was the Librarian, and that this was his deceased family, before the mace smashed into that as well, and sent it flying.

I didnt have much time to react before disaster struck. I finished my attack, kicking the girl so hard that it knocked her back, close to the first guy. She cracked her head on the stone floor and went limp. I finished my kick, and cartwheeled over to the unconscious two, making it out of the way just before it had happened.

The Librarian grew enraged the moment that he realized what had happened. A bright light flashed as he activated his own semblance, the ability to grow to a massive size, to the point where I was about the size of his forearm. He stood up and crouched over the bookcases. Thepigh he was gigantic, he moved increadibly fast. In was swift motion he brought his hands together as if clapping the guys head. The faunus' s head exploaded, blood flying everywhere.

One of my eyes turned white and thw other pibk in pure terror. Before the Librarain could open his hands, I bent down, grabbed the other two faunus by the back of their jackets and teleported away.

Using up most of my aura, I was able to get them to the police station, who drove the unconscious white Fang members and I to the school.