Chapter 14

Wolf didn't say anything but stayed close by my side as we walk down the halls. As soon as he opened the door I sighed and dropped my grin. I was emotionally drained. The door swung open, revealing Bolt and Recherche sitting on what I guessed was Nevermora's bed. Recherche had her knees tucked up to her chest with her arm around them as she rested her head on her knees. Bolt sat next to her, gently rubbing her back to give her comfort. They both looked up as I walked in and got to their feet to welcome me.

"Neo," Bolt said in surprise. "They let you go?"

"Gave me a job actually," I told him, focusing on Recherche. She came up to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I froze, not knowing what to do as she cryed down into my shoulder.

"T-they killed Mora," she sobbed breaking down as she shoulders shook from her crying. I opened my mouth to speak, but no sounds came out. What was I supposed to say? I'm sorry my job got our friends killed? My mind reeled searching for the words to say to her her. After so long of biting my tongue and dying to say something, why couldn't I? Now that someone needed my words, where were they?

I wrapped my arms under hers and around her waist as I pressed my head against hers gently. "I am so sorry," I mumbled, hoping that she would understand.

We stood there for a moment until Goodwitch's voice came over a speaker. "Attention all students, please meet in the main hall for a mandatory meeting. I apologize for the late notice, but given today's events every team must be there."

Recherche looked up at Wolf, her eyes still leaking tears. "I... I can't...." she choked out.

"Dont worry about it Rech," Wolf said, holding up a hand to stop her. "I'm sure they will understand."

Bolt helped the blue and purple haired girl back to one of the beds before saying, "I'll stay here with her."

Wolf nodded his head and said, "Then Neo and I will go to the meeting."

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Bolt asked nervously, "people aren't gonna like the fact that she's here."

"We've got this," Wolf said confidently, and I nodded for emphasis. Wolf and I both gave Rechereche a hug. As we turned to the door. I saw my umbrella leaning against the wall and picked it up before Wolf and I headed for the main hall.

People kept a small distance from me, but watched me closely, daring me to make a move. I could feel hate radiating off of many of them as they debated fighting me in the middle of a crowded corridor. If it hadn't been for the urgency of Goodwitch's announcement, they probably would have. I'm sure many would be eager to rip me to pieces.

Goodwitch caught Wolf and I before we entered the hall. She looked down at me and said, "Timber continue to your seat. Neopolitan you are needed backstage. Professor Ozpin will introduce you to the school so the students know not to tear you apart." Thinking that she was done talking I nodded my head respectfully and started waking past her.

"Although," she continued. I stopped and looked back at her over my shoulder. She stared straight ahead and continued in a stern voice, "Due to your actions, I cannot guarantee that even the Headmaster's words well keep you safe."

"I understand," I stated, already knowing this. Now that she was done I moved backstage and watched the main stage from the sidelines.

Ozpin began his speech by congratulating the students on clearing out the grimm and holding back the enemy. He called for a moment of silence, to respect a few that wee injured or fallen. Nevermora was among them. He then called me onto the stage.

I lifted my chin and walked to Ozpin's side. I ignored the angry gasps, shouts, and death threats directed at me. As Ozpin hushed them and introduced me as a new student, I scanned the crowd for Wolf. As much as I hated to admit it, his reassuring gaze would support me as everyone else tried to tear me apart with their eyes.

As my eyes drifted theough thw crowd of angry, disappointed, or confused looks, I came across a set of familiar faces. Yang Xiao Long, the girl thay I nearly killed on the train, was forcibly being held back by the rest of team RWBY and another team. She pulled against them, probably trying to get up here to fight me. Theough instinct, I winked at her, causing her to grow more furious and fight a bit harder to get to me.

It wasnt long after that when I found Wolf. I was right that his presence was reassuring. He gave me a little nod, telling me that everything would be alright, even though people were starting to look at him. Some glared as if he were a traitor, others looked sympathetic, realizing that he had to replace a fallen teammate with a psycho killer.

"And one more thing, anyone caught fighting with Miss Neopolitan and her team, without the instruction of a Professor, will be expelled. Rest assured that she will not be starting fights as she has her own consequences for fighting, but take my warnings seriously. I will not be giving second chances." As he said this, he glanced my way. I nodded my head, assuring him that I understood what he meant. "That is all. You're dismissed," Ozpin finished, letting the students go. He turned to face me as we exited the stage.

"I cannot guarantee your safety," he told me, his eyes watching my reactions closely.
"I can handle myself," I replied.

"I do not doubt that. However, if you should fight for anything besides self defence or a job, trust that we will know, and thw punishment will be severe," he told me with a serious voice.

"Yes sir," I nodded. He excused me, and I followed the flow of students leaving the auditorium, trying to find Wolf.

There was a small clearing that was covered with white stone and came to a white stone fountain. I stopped there and turned around, trying to find my teammate so we could head back to our room. There was no sign of my Faunus friend, only a golden glow of moonlight radiating off an approaching blond girl. Yang stalked towards me, having lost her restraining teammates in the crowd of people.

"You," she snarled, her soft purple eyes glowing red with hate. "I'll kill you!" She shouted, lunging at me.

(AN: Wattpad has deleted this chapter 3 times, so due to that im going to ctrl this a bit short and leave the fun part for the next chapter. Enjoy!)