ONE

------

State lines - Novo Amor

S U M M E R 

Tears gather in my eyes portraying the deep and intricate scars within my heart. The scars I am almost sure will never leave, the scars left there by the person that was supposed to protect me, care for me and love me. I can almost still feel his claws gripping my neck, his scent that is too sweet invading my nostrils leaving a disgusting feeling churning in the pits of my stomach. His hand covering my face as he did as he pleased.

He did it again! I had begged him, pleaded with him not to complete his disgusting act after I had vividly told him I had not fully healed from his last brutal force. Only a previous night. He's never listened, always blocking away my screams, shutting my mouth while he did as he desired. His hands grasping mine in a tight hold as he did what he wanted with my body. Is that how mates are supposed to be? I'm too confused, too scared, too unstable. What is real anymore?

"Summer dear, are you listening to me? You look quite far away." I vaguely hear Annie's voice calling out to me. I am in a daze, like how I have been for the past two years. Years of pure agony and terror.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I ask, shooting her a wide smile, barely concealing the pure misery in my heart.

"Logan informed me earlier to tell you you'll be taking a trip to Yellow Bridge pack. He said you were quite tired." She explains, a mischievous look forming on her face as she comes to the conclusion I must have had a 'fun' night.

Logan. My mate and his son. I wish he was not. The man responsible for the pain in my eyes, the deeply-rooted self loathe clutching to me like a disease. He's done it all; all atrocities known to man. He's used me for his sick and twisted pleasure.

He's the perfect man, the perfect alpha. He loves the pack, cares for it and kind to the children.  His bright grin that always occupies his mouth, enchanting everyone. Who would believe he's a monster masquerading as a saint, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"Don't say that, Annie." I murmur, my cheeks turning a bright red with clear, unadulterated rage simmering to the surface.

"That man is dedicated to you, darling. That's how mates are supposed to be, no need to be ashamed." She grins, her eyes getting a far away look as if reminiscing about all the times she's had with the mate she lost a few years back. Our previous alpha.

Are mates supposed to hurt you? Are they supposed to take what's solely yours to give by force?

I can still feel the sting on my inner thighs where his claws had dug as he took what's mine to give, what's mine to own.

"Oh there he is," she grins as she stares at his son getting closer to us.

The horrifying embodiment of a mate. I turn to stare and the sight of him causes blood to rush to my head, making me dizzy in an instant. Fear floods my stomach as I struggle to get up. He's conventionally handsome and he knows it. His dirty blonde hair sits on the top of his head, messy and unruly, light blue eyes with tiny specks of brown in them and a straight nose. His large build is expected from an alpha captures attention of many, myself included. Back when I thought he was an amazing alpha with an even more amazing personality, I would swoon and stare with unfiltered adoration. His character was perfect and better than anyone I knew. I can recall praying to the goddess once to give me such a mate. A prayer I thoroughly regret.

"Mother," He grins too genuinely as he pulls his mother into a big hug, concealing the monster that he is.

His eyes fall on me and they lose the light. "Summer." The tone switches as he pulls me in a hug, making sure to dig his claws to my back. I wince as a small, inaudible whimper rushes out of my mouth, tears gathering in my eyes. He lets go of me, satisfied with the small pungent smell of my fear and turns to his mother making sure to pull me impossibly close to his body.

"I was just telling Summer here that you'd be visiting Yellow Bridge Pack." She smiles, completely disregarding or unaware of the look of pain etched on my face.

"Thankyou, mom." Logan smiles, pulling me even closer, "Were you two done talking, I'd like to steal Summer." He smirks, hinting to his mother the look disgusting and chilling on his lips.

"Yes, son." Annie smiles fondly, her eyes falling on me before the grin drops, "Are you okay, dear?" The concern in those words water my eyes.

Logan's eyes fall on me once again and the rage in them makes me shake and squirm in place, my eyes growing foggy with tears.

"I'm okay, Annie. Just a little bit tired." I force the words out, gulping down the bile rising.

"She's okay, mother. I assure you." Logan chuckles his hands pressing and digging into my side.

Annie doesn't look convinced and I force a grin to my mouth knowing Logan is already enraged. Annie's eyes soften before she nods and walks away.

"You'll pay for that!" Logan whispers only for my ears to hear.

He doesn't wait for my consent before he grabs my arm and drags me towards our house. The house I have been living for the past two years. Two years of pure hell, two years of nothing but pain and grief. Do I deserve all these? What did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve all these pain?

I knew what was coming and I wasn't prepared, no matter how many times he's done it. No matter how many times he's hurt me for his own disgusting pleasure. My wolf's fur bristles in fear, acknowledging the fact that we aren't safe. We were in his presence, the horrible and disgusting man.

"What was that? Did you want to turn my mother against me?" His tone is completely different from the one he used with his mother a few minutes ago. This right now is the real him, the man who is supposedly my 'other half'

"I am so sorry." I whisper taking the blame, accepting my mistake.

When did we get here? When did I become this person? When did I stoop so low? Where did I go wrong? Was he always this monstrous? Did he ever love me? I try to recall if he had ever bought me flowers, asked me on a date? Had he even asked for my consent during our first time? Had he asked if I was ready for mating? Painful and agonizing tears gather in my eyes when I don't recall. I don't recall any of our memories.I don't recall if he has ever uttered the words I love you. They have all merged together to create nothing but a repetitive nightmare, one I can't escape.

"Of course you should be! You good for nothing, bxtch." He growls, eyes turning a ruby red, his wolf's. The eyes that have stared at me with pure disgust with no hint of remorse. The eyes that have laughed at me as I bled on the floor. Does he know the meaning of the word love?

"I'm going to teach you a lesson." Those words had been repeated so many times I had lost count. Why did I deserve a lesson?

I close my eyes as he drags me towards our room, his clawed hand digging into my flesh drawing blood. He doesn't even glance at my injury as he drags me into the room. He can already smell the blood yet he doesn't acknowledge it. It hurts to know I mean so little to the person that's supposed to guard my heart and cherish my body. I swallow thickly when he slams the door open and pushes me in, locking it behind him.

He pulls off the white shirt he has on, followed closely the dark ripped jeans. A shiver races down my spine as I huddle towards the corner, trying to prolong what I know awaits me.

"Strip." With that single command, my world comes crumbing down once again.

-----

This man is a monster and I hate him.

What are your thoughts?

Vote. Comment. Share.