EIGHTEEN

_________

S U M M E R

"You are quite strong. I was sure you'd have given me names by now." I say, staring at Maisy whose eyes are focused somewhere else, most likely tuning out the pain.

"She's not going to, Alpha." Micah says and I sigh realizing he's right. This isn't working on her. She looked so scared before and I thought she'd definitely break but she didn't. I also hated torture so I had barely done anything to her. Sofie, one of my top warriors had done most of it on my behalf. Her already crooked nose looks broken and her face looks black and blue and yet she still insists on staying quiet.

"Is there any other form of way to pry information out of a stubborn rogue?" I ask as we both stare at the female on the floor.

"You know if you don't give me anything, I'll keep coming back again and again and each time I do, they'll be a more creative way to get them out of you." I grin and she's still quiet.

She's strong, I give her that.

"Okay, your choice, gorgeous." I say as I rise and take steps towards the exit.

"You are wasting your time." She finally whispers and I turn to stare, "You'll never get anything out of me." She glares and I see her true emotions for the first time.

"Will you be accepted back after you have been captured?" I ask and she flinches. A weakness. I turn back to her, getting close to her, Micah fascinated by the sudden change in my steps.

"If you'd just tell me what I want, I'll let you go."

"I'm dead anyway, here or out there."

I ignore that.

"What were you looking for in the Alpha's House?"

"I don't really know. Stephen was the one with all the information. The other two rogues we were with, we were told to protect him, in case things got ugly. "

Stephen, the other rogue she was with.

"Where do you get the pill?" I ask, remembering the strange scent it emits and the fatal content it contains.

"We were given by the boss." She was leaving more information out.

"And how did he get it?" I doubt she knew though considering she was sent to her death.

"I don't know."

"Can you tell me who your boss is then?" I ask as I stare at her short blonde hair, realizing it's shorter than I had initially thought.

She cackles, "The boss wore a mask and I don't know where the place I had been is. It's hidden with elemental magic. The moment you leave the area, it's like you lose your sense of direction. I can't even point you in the right direction even if I wanted to." Maisy explains.

She should have done this earlier and they would have been no torture.

My mind registers what she has just said and my eyes widen. Elemental magic. Elementals had their own unique and abilities set to every elemental. There are five main elements, fire, air, water, earth, mind. It had different sub groups but it all fell into this main elements. Like every other being, some elementals were stronger, others not. That isn't the shocking part though. How had they gotten an elemental? Elementals kept to themselves and hid their magic from other supernaturals.

I turn to stare at Micah who looks equally stupefied by the sudden turn of events. Something sinister and completely wild is going on.

"Do you know anything about missing wolves?" I ask hoping she did. Her face scrunches up in confusion as she shakes her head. Why?

I have more questions for Maisy but they will have to wait. Rogues having elemental magic on their grasp is not only dangerous by completely mind boggling.

I find myself out of the cells with Micah right by my side, his strides matching my quick ones.

"Do you really think this rogues aren't involved with the missing wolves?" Micah asks and for the first time I don't respond because I have no idea.

"I should ask Alpha Ares. If he finds what he needs, the quicker he leaves the pack anyway. I can't continue to act clueless because whether I want it or not, something strange is going on."  Micah nods, before responding.

"I'll inform the Alpha right away. Asher is currently looking into the elementals, I've already informed him about it."

Micah is proving to be a reliable beta. The fact that Logan had barely used his skills shows how lacking of an alpha he had been. It's not even shocking anymore to conclude that Logan had something to do with whatever is going on right now.

"Thankyou, Micah. Bring him to my office in the pack house." I say and Micah nods before taking a left towards the cabins and I continue forward towards the pack house.

Elementals. Missing wolves. Logan. What is going on? I can't just pin point what the problem is honestly.

I rush up the stairs towards my wing and head straight to my second office located just close to my bedroom.

A few minutes later, my wolf perks up just as I hear footsteps heading towards the room. I'm not surprised by her reaction anymore. It's like she forgot all about that disgusting creature called Logan and is ready to embrace a new man, it's not even funny.

There's a light knock on the door before it opens. I already know it is, but the fascinating and alluring scent, confirms it's the alpha accompanied by his beta and Micah.

The alpha greets me with an enthusiastic hello and a smile. His beta smiles and I give them a nod.

"Beta Micah says the rogue finally spoke up." The alpha speaks.

"Yes, please take a sit. This is going to take a while."

After explaining every detail of what the Maisy had confessed, both the beta and the alpha have the same reaction I did.

"Elementals are so hard to identify. They have the ability to mask their scent by creating a fake human scent on themselves. An elemental that deals illusion is even more rare." Beta Roan says and I realize he's the one that usually does the investigations for Ares like Asher does for me.

"What are your plans now, Alpha Summer?" Alpha Ares asks staring at me in expectation.

"No offense but I thought you'd be out of here soon but it looks like that's going to be impossible. We have to deal with all this first. They didn't attack the Alpha's house for no reason. They knew it's exact location and when the patrol is usually slow so it's someone who's quite informed about my pack. Logan knew something and selfishly I might need your help if things becomes crazy because I have a feeling it will." Alpha Ares nods, not even slightly offended by my confession. In fact, he looks quite elated by the thought of being here even longer. I don't comment on it.

"I guess we should get comfortable then." Beta Roan grins, his teeth all out in the open and that significantly lifts my mood.

"You definitely should." Micah responds, a smile lighting up his features and I almost chuckle at it.

Micah is definitely breaking out of his shell.

________

Hi! I'm just realizing how complex this story is going to get and I did this to myself ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
There's so much thoughts, so much to write and I don't know if I have the energy to do all that. Maybe I should make each chapter 3,000 words. That will get me somewhere.

Anyways, a new character will be coming soon! I can't wait to shape them! I'm sure you are going to love her!

What are your thoughts?

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.