FOUR

Trigger Warning: Abuse and Miscarriage.

-----

S U M M E R

I take a sip of my orange juice, staring at the little girl being held by her mother a few tables away from mine. A large grin is spread out on her mouth as she chats animatedly with her mother. The mother has a look of pure adoration on her face and my own lips part in a smile. My hand goes down to my stomach and I rub it gently. Even though she/he may not have been formed from the basis of love, I already cared for them.

It has been one week since Logan demanded I kill the baby. I can feel the life growing in me and each day, I grew closer to them. I can feel the minor changes occuring to my body as it prepares for it. After the threat, Logan had completely ignored me, only showing up to pleasure himself with my body. I did not mind as long long as he left my child out of it. He has been ruthless, cold and emotionless. His eyes would stare at me with pure rage and glare at my stomach with anger. Thank goddess he has never done anything to try and kill it.

"Are you okay, Luna?" My head snaps up to meet those of one of your pack cooks by the name Alice.

I grin up at her, "Yes I'm okay. I'm just not quite hungry." I stare at the plate filled with pancakes, bacon strips, hash browns and eggs. It looks absolutely delicious but I am not hungry. The thought of food making my stomach churn uncomfortably.

"Do you want me to inform the alpha?" She inquires, a soft smile on her mouth. She can't inform him!

"No, I'll be okay. Thankyou though. You can take the plate." I say handing her the plate. She nods, bows slightly and walks away.

I stare at her retreating figure feeling lost once more. What am I supposed to do? I know Logan will not be calm forever. He will not stay silent and I know if I don't act now he'll kill this baby.

"Summer dear, what are you thinking so deeply about?" Annie's sweet voice interrupts my thoughts and I smile at her. She takes the sit next to mine, pulling me in for a short hug.

I smile, "Nothing, Annie. I was just lost in thought. Nothing to be precise."

Annie gives me a once over, her eyes lingering on my stomach and I squirm, feeling quite awkward.

"Are you okay, darling. You look very pale and you're growing slimmer." Annie asks and I chuckle slightly.

"I am. I am just not eating very well." I say and she nods before going quiet for a while.

"Is Logan not taking care of you?" She half teases and I tense. She notes it and she grasps my hand in hers, "If there's something bothering you, you would share, right?" The concern in her eyes almost makes me break. I instantly hold back when I remember that that's his son. The mate that's supposed to love me is his son, the mate that has abused me in ways I never knew were possible. I can't share anything with her. It's impossible to do it.

"I will, I promise." I state and she smiles, letting go of my hand.

"You know the kids at the orphanage have been asking for you." Annie hints and that lights up my face.

I visit the orphanage as frequently as I checking in on the children who have lost their parents like how I did mine a while back. I vividly recall staying at the orphanage for two years after my parents died at sixteen. It was the saddest years of my life but also the most impactful and memorable ones.