SEVENTEEN

_________

S U M M E R

"So let me get this straight, the she wolf in your cell right now was going to commit suicide by biting on that pill because she was caught?" Alpha Ares asks, his hands crossed across his chest in deep concentration as I went in detail of what has been going on.

"Yes and this is the second time they've attacked. The first rogue just died in the same way and I thought it was suspicious. I searched for ways that can happen and the most probable one is having a cyanide like pill on their tooth." I explain and Alpha Ares eyes widen in shock. He just realized how crazy things really are.

"Why did they attack The Alpha's House? You did say they were after something but what could it be?" Roan who's still quite out of it ask as he sends me a wary look.

"I don't know that but I assure you, I'll find the root cause of this." I wasn't about to air the fact that the rogues were involved with Logan and after this second attack, I'm absolutely sure Logan was involved with them and he never told anyone about it.

"Well, this is complicated. Do you think it has anything to do with the missing wolves?" Alpha Ares asks and I wouldn't put it past Logan honestly. Just recalling how disgusting he was, I'm almost certain he wouldn't have any inhibitions and would act for his own self interests.

"I'm not sure." Looks like they'll be extending their stay if they do find something. Logan that bastard, this is all his fault!

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have a few things to deal with." I speaks as I rise from my sit, "You can go back to your cabin now or I can ask Micah to show you some of the nice things you can do around here." I grin and Roan lips part in a smile.

"Okay, that sound great. Beta Micah, lead the way." He grins as he hops and grabs Micah by the arm and drag him out, completely disregarding his alpha and me. Micah's eyes widen in what I read as fright and a small chuckle leaves my mouth. Micah is usually so uptight and beta like, this must be hard for him.

I turn to the alpha and find his eyes on me, staring openly and my laugh dies out. With the attention, my wolf comes out to play, flashing herself through my eyes to stare at the male.

"Don't you want to look around, Alpha Ares?"

"No, I'd rather stay here with you, instead." I'm shook.

"Okay but there's literally nothing I'll be doing you'd easily be bored." I try to sway him.

"If you don't want me to disturb you, you are free to say so, Alpha Summer. I won't be offended, I promise." Alpha Ares grins and shame flatters in my tummy. I don't like the emotions that come alight when he's with me here.

"No, it's not that. If you are sure you are okay with staying here with me, then that's okay."

I try to go back to my duties but it's impossible with the man here. A few minutes later snd I realize I'm no going to get anything done and a sigh leaves my mouth.

"Why don't I take you to the training ground, I'm sure you'll love it there." I offer and a huge smile forms on his mouth, almost blinding my eyes.

Ugh, this man.

"That'd be great." It's as if he knew this would happen.

I walk out and he follows and soon, his strides match mine as we walk side by side. We walk past a few houses where a few people come and openly stare at us in unfiltered curiously.

"Your pack is beautiful." Ares says as he stares at a few pack children playing games just outside their houses.

"Thankyou, I would love to visit yours too, I'm pretty sure you've done much more." I state and he grins.