FIFTEEN

_______

A R E S

I stare openly as my beta smiles baring his teeth to the gathered members by the bonfires. He loves attention and he's getting plenty of it from them. Roan is quite good with interaction and it's evident from the way he's talking and smiling at everyone here, both from my pack and Summer's.

Summer.

My thoughts have been drifting towards her from the second my eyes had met hers. My wolf, from the moment I had decided to come here, had been on edge, shifting around almost as if anticipating something, creating the same chaos within me. My beast and I are one, however, other times he would be more perceptive and reactive. The moment my eyes had met hers I knew why. I couldn't remember the last time my wolf almost stole all control from me. Summer is gorgeous in every sense of the word,.it left me completely mesmerized. Her scent so potent and alluring I almost thought I had met my mate for the second time.

"Are you still following the alpha like a lost puppy?" I didn't even hear him get closer to me. The only person audacious enough to speak to me in that sort of way, Roan.

"She's stunning, what can I say?" I utter and glance at him, his eyes wide open in shock.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He whispers and a sigh leaves my mouth.

"My wolf had been on edge until he met Alpha Summer. I almost thought I was meeting my...." mate

His eyes widen even further. My mate was a subject I never really wanted to bring up, ever. I always wondered why the goddess had ever paired me up with such a vile human being, a being that only thrived in chaos and in pain.

"Maybe the goddess has granted you a second chance?" Roan tries to assure me but it only leaves a bitter feeling in my chest. I didn't want to ever experience the same pain I had, the same emotions. However, as I glance at Summer speaking to one of my pack members, a huge smile on her lips, my chest constrict as strange emotions rush through me, emotions I realize I don't mind at all.

What's going on?

"I don't know but I can't seem to look away."

Roan grins, "Maybe we should just kidnap her and see where it goes."

I'm not shocked by his ridiculous thoughts.

"Okay, I'm done." I hiss ready to walk away.

"Wait, okay. Can't you take a joke? Beta Micah informed me that Alpha Summer wants to talk to you tomorrow morning about the missing wolves." My wolf perks up at the mentioned of the alpha and a sudden rush of warm emotion flood my chest. How am I supposed to keep a straight face if even the thought of her leaves me feeling so warm.

"Bro, you are so whipped." Roan snickers and I glare at him, knowing he's not wrong.

"I'm going to bed." I place the tumbler on one of the tables and walk away.

"Dream of Alpha Summer, alpha!" Roan screams and a few head turns towards him and he doesn't look phased. I'm going to kill him!

I glance at Alpha Summer only to meet her eyes already focused on mine and I almost look away. She must have heard what that lunatic just screamed. Of course she did, wolves hearing are extraordinary. I give her a short nod, pushing the second hand embarrassment I just experienced, and she reciprocates before going back to her conversation with one of my pack member and a warrior. She doesn't look phased by it though and I'm glad. How would I explain that?

I rush to the cabin Roan and I share and strip of my clothes in need of a hot shower. I turn the taps on, setting it to the highest temperature, trying to distract myself from the thoughts of the female I just met for the first time and she's already occupying every part of my mind.

"Who is she?" I whisper to myself as the hot almost scalding fall down my neck.

I had never been this hooked by someone, being the first encounter I've had with her. Whatever it is, I'm not sure if it's a horrible thing or amazing.

If she wants to talk about missing wolves, maybe she knows something that I missed? Wolves missing is not common because wolves thrive in packs. To escape that sort of life is basically committing suicide. A few weeks away from your pack and one goes crazy or has no choice but to return to the pack.

The ringing of my phone snaps me from my thoughts and I hurry out of the shower, wrapping a grey towel around my waist, picking up the phone from the table.

My eyes widen at the contact as I receive the call.

"You've never called me, Alpha." I whisper in shock.

"Hello to you too, Ares." He speaks, his voice deep and ice cold.

"I'm sorry, I was just surprised. How are you..." What should I even call him?

"I'm fine and Atlas is just fine, Ares." He speaks and I feel the slightest twinge of amusement in his tone.

"It's not everyday the king calls my personal number." I say still shocked by the situation.

"Ares, I know what you've been up to." He goes to the point and my eyes widen. I was quite discreet in my coming here. Most of my pack already knew what I was doing but for the king to be aware of my actions is quite shocking.

"How did..." I'm in shock.

"I have my ways, Ares. Keep doing what you are doing. Please report it to me when you are done." He says.

Of course he already knows. He is always quite informed about everything happening around him. I forgot for a second how powerful he is.

"Alright, I will." I have no other choice anyway. He would get his hands on the information sooner or later.

"Pass my greetings to Alpha Summer for me." He says before the line goes dead.

I stare at my phone in wonder.

Footsteps snap me out of my thoughts as Roan walks in to the cabin.

"Woah, I'm not interested in you unless you are." He says, staring at my unclad body, "I'll break the news to Alpha Summer."

"You are so irritating."

"Thankyou."

"It's not a compliment." I sigh, "The king just called."

That sobers him up.

"What? How? Why?"

"He knows we are here and why?" I state, and he sighs.

"Of course he does, I'm not that surprised though."

"Yeah, we should hurry it up though. I hope Alpha Summer knows something about it." Roan says and I nod my head.

However, I just couldn't push the feeling that things wouldn't really go our way.

_____

Hi! I've been gone for so long!!!! I'm sorry!!! The plot is about to fully develop. I just wanted to bring out a bit of Atlas here. When this book is done, we'll focus on Atlas.

His book is "Blood Bound."

I'm trying to make Roan a funny chill dude but I can't seem to fully depict that. I hope I do so soon!

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.