THIRTEEN

______

S U M M E R.

Three days had gone by so quickly since the attack on Sean and I was still stupefied by the quick shifts of events. Somehow the rogue knew of Logan as alpha and that’s not what actually had me worried. Rogues always had information on pack members and packs; that could not be prevented but the fact that he spoke the name with familiarity left a strange feeling in the pits of my stomach. Something is happening and I just can’t join the dots for some reason.

I rummage through Logan’s belongings once again and I sigh when I come up empty. He had been so secretive with everything he did that it’s almost impossible to know what he had been doing. The  image of the bleeding rogue flashes through my mind as the clear image of the sanguine liquid dropped down his mouth, eyes and ears. The shocking part being the color of his blood had changed from a vivid red to a dark red, bordering on black; that on its own being strange and completely creepy. I wasn’t dumb; Logan was up to something that he didn’t tell anyone, not even his beta.

Micah’s footstep into my office snaps me back to present and I turn my gaze to look at him. In both hands, he holds two mugs with steaming content in them. From the potent scent, I already know it’s a strong cup of coffee; probably just black, just what I need at this particular moment. His lips quirks up in a smile, as he hands me the mug of steaming hot coffee.

“I know you need this. You’ve been up all night.” Micah says bringing his own mug closer to his mouth.

“Thank you, Micah.” I grin as I take a huge gulp of the hot liquid. It scalds my tongue slightly and I relish the feel of it.

“Has the alpha contacted you yet and what is his name?” I ask, realizing I haven’t been really focused on the oncoming alpha for the past week.

He is already getting on my nerves and we haven’t met or interacted yet.

“Alpha Ares Black of Blood Hound Pack.  He will be here tomorrow at around 12 noon and will be staying for an unknown period of time. He is quite known in all of Aventia and I’m surprised you haven’t heard of him before. He also has one of the biggest packs around here.” Micah narrates, almost as if he loves the man already.

“Micah, do you by any chance like this alpha?” I glare at my beta for his obvious deep fascination with this man.

“I mean he has a lot of skilled warriors and is part of the King’s council.” He says, almost in complete awe.

Right, the king. I sometimes  forget he actually exists. What does he even do?

Micah’s fascination is actually strange on its own and I don’t want to ask any further.

“Whatever. Tell Miranda and her team to prepare the guests rooms. Is he coming alone?”

Of course he isn’t. Only a stupid and egoistic alpha would do that.

“His beta and some of his warriors are.”

“He’ll only be allowed to stay here for two weeks. He can’t make demands and by that time I am sure he’d be satisfied by his findings.”

“Okay, alpha. I will inform them when they get here.” Micah nods before walking out of the room, leaving me to continue foraging through Logan’s things knowing it is the only place I will get any evidence on what Logan was doing as alpha and at his free time. Eventually, something will come up and I’ll have a lead.

____________________________

It was one of those days again. One of those days he was in my head and taunting me. I could see him very vividly, almost as if he was standing next to me. Those days are quite frequent and they exist. Days when I can feel and almost taste his scent in my lungs; when I can see myself bleeding on the floor because of him, when I can barely breathe because of the haunting memories. Today was one of those days.

A gasp leaves my mouth as the memories assaults my mind as if I’m hypnotized. The crude words and harsh treatment fill my lungs leaving me breathless. At the first sign of tears, my heart hardens as I recall the vow I had made only a few weeks ago. I would never cry for that disgusting human being for how had destroyed me in very many ways. I am better than that, I am worthy than that.
I wish I believed the words but faking it is better than crying my eyes. It is better than wishing I had never met him, wishing I had gotten rid of him earlier before the trauma, the hurt and the pain and most importantly before the loss of that little child that never got an opportunity to exist.

I race out of the room, shifting into my fur and racing into the thick trees. It is the only solace that makes me feel alive even for a short while.

I had nothing on Logan, as expected. His ability to hide his shady dealings is even more astounding than I had previously thought. Logan’s dealings are too clean and too organized. I brush the thought away and focus on the run. Even with the frustrations, my wolf derives pleasure in the simple task of running through our border that I have put enough struggles in order for it to thrive. As I dash through, I feel the three border patrols placed on this side of the forest. I am sure they can also sense me by the nudge of acknowledgment in my mind.
P
I run for so long the only indication of passage of time, is the glaring of the sun rays shining through the thick trees. I sprint towards the training ground knowing Micah and my third in command, Asher have already started the training. With Annalise gone, it is either Micah or Asher leading it, myself taking the leading not as frequent as I’m focused on my own training. I shift to my flesh and pull a dark green shirt and black tights that are a bit lose on me.

“How is the training going? Are you encountering any issues right now?”I ask Micah when I’m right by his side as I stare at the throngs of people in the training field.  I glance at the ones below eighteen training with Aisha, a very skilled and talented warrior who has proven herself as a dominant and powerful wolf and warrior.

“The barbecue you held helped so much. Most of them are now more accepting of you as alpha and they are willing to work it out.  They can tell they’ll be changes and most of them are willing embrace those changes now.” Micah explains as he beams at me.

A sigh leaves my mouth at the thought of their acceptance. It is enticing and satisfying at the same time.

“I am so happy about that.”

And I am.

Logan had his secrets, his weird things going on but things are also looking up for me and sooner or later I will find the things he was hiding. Nothing ever stays hidden for long. The though excites me and scares me at the same time. I am ready for both emotions.

______________

This is more of a filler chapter to get a feel of Summer and her working in a pack. Is it boring? Maybe but we will meet our male lead in the next chapter so yayyyy!!!!!

I am very excited! Are you?
What are your thoughts?

Predictions?

Vote. Comment. Share.