TWO

------

S U M M E R.

"Thankyou so much Kieran for having us." Logan grins at the alpha, his arm grasping my waist in a tight hold barely giving me any room to take a breath.

Kieran returns the grin, his emerald eyes falling on me.

"You are always welcomed here, Logan. How are you, Luna Summer?" He asks, the grin intact.

I offer him a small one, my lips barely quirking, "I am doing good, thankyou. Your pack is just as vibrant as ever." I compliment, staring into the wide expanse of his land that goes on for ages. He leads one of the biggest packs in the country.

Kieran and Logan have been quite good friends for the past few years ever since Kieran found his mate in our pack, Annalise. One of the only few friends I have.

"Thankyou, Summer." He says, his tone holding no malice, giving me the courage to ask the next question.

"How's Annalise doing?"

I feel Logan's fingers dig into the side of my waist and I wince knowing he hates it when I ask questions. When I speak out of turn.

Kieran's eyes light up, pure love and adoration flooding his face at the thought of his mate. The look makes my stomach plummet, a horrible clenching feeling swamping my lungs as I realize I will never have my mate look at me in that sort of way. I did not even desire it from him anymore.  I had seen everything he can offer.

"She's doing great. She is busy training the younger pups. You know how she is." Kieran explains as he runs his hand through his dark brown hair, a smile slipping to his lips.

"Come on, now." He leads us in the direction of the pack house.

Annalise Carter, one of the fiercest warriors from our pack with a few scars to match it. Also, one of the nicest and closest friends I have ever had. Annalise has never shy-ed away from battles. In fact, she relishes and finds immense pleasure in them. When she met Kieran, it was 'love' at first sight. She had punched his jaw so hard, only for the alpha to get up and grin at her like a fool. It had been adorably weird. That was three years ago. A year before I met the monster.

The pack house is grande and gorgeous as usual; able to house about five hundred members of Yellow Bridge Pack. While most of them prefer to live in their own house around the pack, it's still looks gigantic. I note the new coat of beige paint adorning the entire house from the previous cream colored one.

Kieran grins and welcomes me to his home before clasping Logan in a manly pat on the back and urging him to walk with him towards the southeast of the pack where a dense forest is located. Logan dutifully nods as he takes steps towards me. I almost shrink away in fear at the sight of his cold eyes.

"Stay out of trouble or else you won't like the consequences." Logan hisses in my ear. His scent that is supposed to be alluring leaves a nauseating feeling in my stomach. I feel my heart pound so hard and fast I think I might pass out.

Logan walks away with Kieran, leaving me stranded and confused. It has been so long since I was alone, since I could do things on my own. Logan, for the past two years, has been hovering over my shoulder, every little action administered by me always under his scrutinizing gaze. And moments when I'm alone, I'm left wondering what to do and what not to.