EIGHT

_____

S U M M E R

“Focus! Turn your leg to the right and deliver the fatal blow." Annalise says as she demonstrates a rather complex move. It has been tough and yet interesting at the same time having her as my trainer and friend. I do the move and completely plummet to the floor, hurting my knee in the process. This causes intense pain to rush down my leg and I clench my teeth.

"Ouch, that must have hurt." Annalise grins, staring at my form on the floor her hands at her waist, the amusement not even concealed on her face. I glare harshly and the grin widens.

"You know if you keep taunting me I'm going to destroy you." I say as the pain begins to fade away thanks to to my quick healing capabilities. I rise to my feet, dusting the coat of dirt on my bum and on the side of my tights.

"Really? If you even manage to get a hit, that is." She grins, her dark skin glowing gorgeously in the hot sun.

"Then what are you waiting for, come at me, Luna." I taunt and she doesn't hesitate as she comes barreling towards me, amusement shining in her grey eyes.

She throws a punch to the right side of my face and I quickly dodge only for her to repeat it to the left side. I expected it and I quickly move away taking advantage of my alpha strength. I fake a punch her cheek and deliver a brutal one to her ribs and I instantly know if it's not bruised it's broken. I see her wince slightly before a large grin forms on her mouth.

"Now we're heading somewhere with this." She says, unfazed by her burning ribs that I'm sure probably badly hurts.

We circle each other for a few seconds, her looking for any weaknesses while I do the same. I take note of how her feet are always shuffling barely make contact with the ground. Perfect.

When she's content, she makes the first move again. She doesn't hesitate before she makes a quick hit to my knee and intense pain rushes through me. I fall to the floor clutching my knee, the pain intense. She pounces on me, her legs wrapping around my waist punches hitting my face with precision. I try to retaliate but I'm not quick enough. She takes advantage of this and her claws elongate,  and she shoves it near me, ready to pierce my neck. I know then I've lost and surrender.

"One day I'll beat you." I grin as Annalise helps me up from the floor.

"All dreams are valid, alpha." She taunts and I roll my eyes.

She helps me up and I hiss barely concealing the pain radiating from every inch of my body.

"Well, I'll go and wallow in shame in my room." I hiss walking towards the pack house.

"No need, you are getting stronger. You've also gained a lot of muscles too so I know you are definitely warrior material. More training and you'll be taking down far stronger people than me, darling." Annalise assures and my chest warms.

I clear my throat and offer her a small smile.

"Regardless, I reek and I'm definitely in need of a serious shower." I reply and she nods as we both walk in tow, towards the pack house.

"How's Kieran?" I ask and an adoring look forms on her face and I'm in awe. Sometimes soulmates were great. Kieran and Annalise are great.