Chapter Twenty-One - Like Normal People Do

When we arrived home that evening, both Bates's Jeep and Blaine's SUV were parked in the driveway, along with an electric blue muscle car that I didn't recognize.

"Great," I said. "Now I have to smuggle this shit in with four people watching."

"Good luck," Norah wished me. "Men in their late twenties can practically smell red lace. Plus, that's Ben who drove the Charger and I can promise you he knows exactly what's in that pink bag."

I let out an exasperated groan as I unbuckled and got out of the car. Norah popped the trunk and I leaned in to gather my things.

I put the pink bag, which was too big to be stuffed into another one, closest to my body and stacked the rest of the bags on top of it to hide it.

"Very inconspicuous," Norah commented sarcastically.

I walked towards the house quickly and opened the front door to see all four men standing in the kitchen.

Shit, was my first thought. I'll never make it to the staircase without being stopped.

Just as Luca saw me, I diverted and walked quickly towards his bedroom and threw my bags in there. I kicked the pink one under his bed before he walked in after me.

"How was shopping?" He asked.

"Shopping was good," I answered quickly.

"What'd you get?"

"You know, just... some stuff," I said awkwardly, scooting around him to leave the bedroom.

Bates let out an exaggerated groan when I walked back out to the living room and made my way into the kitchen.

"We didn't think you'd be home so soon," he whined.

"I told Luca we'd be back before dinner," Norah defended, hugging the man I assumed was Ben.

He was a lot taller than her, lanky with long arms and legs. A redhead, he had pale skin that was littered with freckles.

"Carrie, this is Ben," Norah said, introducing us.

"Hi," I smiled, reaching out to shake his hand.

"It's nice to meet you," Ben told me, throwing his arm back around Norah's shoulder.

"Enough with the pleasantries," Bates said. "Can you guys not go back out for another two hours so we can go get wings and watch the game?"

My eyebrows furrowed.

"You can still go get wings, Bates," I told him. "I'm not stopping you."

"No, we can't. Luca and Benny are going to want to stay here with you guys now that you're home."

"They can just come," Blaine sighed.

"Uh, no. Saturdays are for the boys," Bates countered firmly.

"Somewhat irrelevant seeing as we're men," Luca interjected, walking up behind me. "But, speak for yourself."

Bates narrowed his eyes at Luca.

"I'll drive," Blaine offered, grabbing his keys. "We can all fit in my car."

Bates was pouting as we all walked out to the driveway and loaded into Blaine's SUV.

"Alright, I need directions," Blaine admitted, starting the Yukon. "I've never driven to this place before."

"Sounds like he's talking to you, Tour Guide Barbie," Ben said to Bates from the back seat.