Chapter Ten - Tea and Taekwondo

I woke up the next morning cuddling one of the pillows that separated Luca and I, the other pillow having disappeared under the sheets.

When my eyes opened to see him laying next to me, I couldn't help but stare for a few moments.

Hands and arms tucked under his pillow, Luca laid on his stomach with his head turned towards me. His olive skin was a stark contrast against the pure white color of the sheets and his dark hair stood out even more so.

Luca's facial hair had grown out a bit since I'd met him a few days prior. It added to his masculine aura and I decided that I liked it.

After laying there for a few moments, knowing I wouldn't fall back asleep, I sat up in the bed slowly before getting up to walk quietly across the bedroom floor. It was still early in the morning, the room cast with blue hues of the twilight.

I closed the door behind me softly and walked into the kitchen to make tea.

Barely catching the kettle before it began to whistle, I had nearly dozed off standing at the counter waiting for the water to warm up. After pouring the steaming water over the tea, I carried the mug outside on the deck and sat down on the bed swing.

So far, my favorite part of Montana was the sunrise.

It was something I didn't see much of in Oregon. I was used to getting up early, but never to take my time waking up. Rather, I would rush to get ready to be at school on time.

Watching the sunrise as it came over the mountains and lake in the distance was almost enough to make me forget about the tea in my hands and the man sleeping in the bed I'd just left.

Almost enough.

There was part of me that felt guilty for letting him sleep with me the previous night. Although, I wasn't sure why.

I was a grown woman who was certainly capable of making that decision, but for some reason I kept hearing my father's voice in the back of my head:

"Get away from my daughter."

The closer I let Luca get, the louder that voice got. I felt almost disobedient.

And then I thought about what Mady had said. Maybe if I could just call him and let him know that I was okay he would feel a little better.

Maybe I would feel a little better.

My thoughts were interrupted by the backdoor opening. I turned to see Luca looking around, his gaze softening when he saw me.

"Why are you awake so early?" He grumbled, walking over to where I sat with sweatpants hanging low on his hips, the band of his boxers barely visible.

I pulled my knees into my chest, giving him room to sit next to me on the bed swing.

Luca laid down on his back and put his legs next to my body.

He pushed a pillow under his head and looked at me with drowsy eyes.

"Good morning to you, too," I said.

I took a sip of my tea and looked back out at the sunrise.

"Don't you think it's so pretty?" I asked him.