Andrew Davis

The next week went by quickly. Natasha kept to her word and had the facial deception tech ready to go by the end of the weekend. I had also started training with Wanda to get my Empath abilities under control. To say I sucked at it was a huge understatement.

     I wasn't even in control of my own emotions, and now I had to be in control of everyone else's too? Fuck that! The whole situation sucked.

     I trained about four hours a day with Wanda with little to nothing to show for it. The only thing I could do at the end of the week was close my eyes and tell who was in the room by their emotional signature, and yes, everyone had an emotional signature. It was more of a feeling, or sense, but it was there.

     The one good thing about this week was that the antidepressants were working to keep the paranoia and shadows away. Those episodes started happening less frequently throughout the week until they just stopped. It was a relief when I could finally get a full nights sleep without a nightmare. I still had occasional ptsd attacks left over from HYDRA, but they only happened about once a month and Loki knew how to get me out of those. I'd take the ptsd attacks over the nightmares, paranoia, and hallucinations any day.

     It was finally Wednesday, which meant that I was going into midtown high to sign my new hire paperwork, and I wasn't going alone. Loki had also been hired by the school, so he was coming with for his own paperwork.

      We were both in our disguises as we entered the front doors. I had changed my features just enough so that people couldn't mistake me for, well... me, but not enough that someone I knew couldn't recognize me. Loki's was about the same. He could change almost everything, but I would always recognize him because he never changed his eyes.

     We decided that we would go undercover as a married couple, so that nobody questioned anything if they saw us together. Plus, it was practice. We still hadn't set a wedding date and I was in no rush to. I wanted to enjoy being engaged before skipping to married.

Loki held the door open for me and I stepped onto the cool tile floor of Midtown High. My black heels clicked with every step as we approached the principals door. It was strangely eerie seeing the empty halls, but I knew that kids would fill it again soon. I smoothed out my black pencil skirt one last time as we stopped in front of the office door.

"You ready?" I asked Loki as I took a deep breath. I was more nervous about this than I was some of the battles we fought.

"I am, are you sure you are?" Loki teased and bumped me with his shoulder. I glanced at him, pretending to be annoyed, but I couldn't stop the smile slowly spreading across my lips.

"Arrogance will get you nowhere, my prince." I told him before turning to face the door again.

"On the contrary, I believe arrogance is how I tricked you into marrying me." Loki smirked.

"I can still change my mind." I laughed lightly and pushed the door open.

     There was a large office space that branched off into smaller offices for admission. Only a few of the lights were on since there wasn't anyone else in the building. The desk where the receptionist would sit was completely clear and ready for their return, but it would still be a few months.

"Ah, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Smith." An older white gentleman with gray hair and glasses said as he came out of his office. He was in his seventies and wearing a dark brown suit. "I'm Andrew Davis, the principal here at Midtown." He continued and extended a hand out to Loki.

     I stood there, confusion written all over my face. This wasn't the principle from the movies. In the movies the principal is the grandson of Jim Morita, one of the howling commandos Steve fought with in WWII. But, Andrew Davis was...

"Yes." Loki smiled politely and shook the mans hand. "Liam Smith, pleasure to meet you. And this is my wife, Sarah." Loki said, giving him the alias that Tony made for us.

"An Englishman, I see." Principle Davis commented, noticing Loki's accent. "What brought you over to the States?"

"My wife had family here. She wanted to stay close to them." Loki answered. I couldn't tell if he was just making something up, or if he was referring to the Avengers as my family.

"And, Sarah, it is so nice to finally meet you. Tony has told me great things about you and your previous work." Principal Davis explained and held out his hand for me to shake. It took a second to snap out of my spiraling thoughts, but I faked a smile and shook the mans hand.

"Thank you, sir. I was really surprised at how fast he was able to get my name in." I said before releasing his hand.

"Well, it just so happened that our biology teacher quit a few days before. When Tony called for a favor saying he knew of a biology teacher that needed work, well, it just worked out perfectly." Principal Davis told me before gesturing to his office. "Please."

     The rest of the day consisted of us doing new hire paperwork, though I was doing most of Loki's too since he didn't have a clue, and getting a walkthrough of the school. Tony had given us all new bank accounts and paperwork for our aliases, which I was thankful for. During the walkthrough, I was shown what classroom was mine and told that I could decorate and set it however I wanted.

     It was two in the afternoon by the time we left the school. When we were finally in the car, and I was driving back to the compound, I finally let myself start silently panicking.

"You're being awfully quiet." Loki mentioned during our forty-five minute drive home. I didn't answer, I didn't know how to. "I thought you'd be more excited today. All you've been talking about this last week was the spider child." Loki said.

     I had told him all about Peter after Loki suggested going as a security guard. I figured that he was never meant to meet Peter originally, so it shouldn't hurt the timeline much to tell him, like I did with telling him about Strucker. It also couldn't hurt to have two pairs of eyes watching over the kid.

"Trust me, I want nothing more than to meet him." I sighed and focused on the road in front of us. Steve and I planned out a route to take from the school back to the compound, just to be safe and make sure no one was following us.

"Then what's wrong, Kitten?" Loki asked and reached over to take my hand. I took a deep breath and glanced over at him before looking to the road again.

"I'll tell everyone when we get to the compound. I don't want to have to repeat myself when I start panicking." I told him and squeezed his hand to reassure him. Loki could still tell how nervous I was, though.

"Whatever it is, we'll figure it out." He assured me. "We always do." He added.

"If it's what I think it is, then I'm not so sure."

Sorry for not posting on Monday, I wasn't feeling the best over the weekend, so I didn't write anything new.

We have officially started into the Spider-Man arc! I'm excited to write for Peter. I've been waiting for this since I started this book. But, there are definitely going to be some challenges, maybe ever some setbacks...

Discord: https://discord.gg/bnGcFwVt

Questions to answer:

Who do you think is Andrew Davis?

What challenges could Sammee and Loki face in this Arc?

What do you think might be different with Sammee looking out for Peter?

Let me know!