An Old Enemy

The next two weeks went by fast. Tony and the team did great damage control. There wasn't even anything in the media about my little loss of control. Probably because no one even knew what was happening, but I was still happy for the silence.

My training time with Wanda doubled since my mishap, but I couldn't even replicate what I had done in the club. With my free time, I started on my mural on the gym wall. It took the full two weeks to finish it, but I impressed myself.

The mural was of the Avengers. In the center was the Avengers logo and next to it were abstract versions of the Avengers. All members, even the ones far, far away.

"Wow, this came out great!" Wanda praised as she glanced at the wall. I was putting on the finishing touches.

"Thank you." I smiled while concentration kept my focus.

"You're doing a lot better in training, by the way." Wanda said. "Much stronger."

Something about what she said sparked a memory, and a question of my own.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

"Yes, of course you can." She responded. "What is it?"

I stopped painting and turned to face her. I was covered in paint, I always was these day's.

"When we first met, you said you couldn't feel me," I said, "but now you can get into my head, what changed?"

Wanda blinked in surprise and thought carefully on her answer.

"I had to tune my senses to you." She started to explain. "You run off of a different frequency, a stronger frequency, than anything I've encountered, like Vision. And, I can't really get into your head, well, not like how I can with the others." Wanda said. I tilted my head in question at her. She sighed before explaining. "Everything is still fuzzy. I can't make words or pictures out. Honestly, it feels like my head is stuffed with cotton and the feeling makes me a bit sick." She chuckled and hid her laugh behind her hand.

"Wow, thanks." I grumbled at her.

"It's not your fault." Wanda told me, trying to stop laughing at my reaction.

"If I made more progress, you wouldn't have to get into my head as much, so it is my fault."

     That took the humor out of everything and Wanda looked at me, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sam, would you expect a newborn baby to walk right away?" She asked me. I sighed.

"No." I told her. "But, I'm not a newborn and I already know how to walk." I explained my frustration. Wanda rolled her eyes at me.

"Exchange walk for Mind abilities. You're new to this power, it's going to take a lot of training and hours, and I'm fine with that." She told me and sat with me on the floor, cross legged.

"My teleportation I learned in a night. My Reality shifting was harder, but I learned a good amount in a few months. This one is taking forever with nothing to show for it." I grumbled. I was mad, at myself mostly for not getting this sooner.

"It's a completely new ability and all abilities are different. You also have plenty to show for it. You can easily feel everyone in the room. You can feel or sway their emotions. You can build a strong mental wall to keep Loki and me out, I'd say that's a lot of progress." She smiled softly and laid a hand on my knee. I smiled back, grateful for her words. When she didn't immediately take her hand away, my smile turned into a smirk.

"Are we about to kiss right now?" I asked her. Wanda rolled her eyes, but couldn't stop her smile.

"Alright-" she sighed, patted my knee, and stood up.

"What? What I say?" I laughed and got up to follow her.

     The next week went by and it was suddenly back to school, again. I was so excited to see Peter, but I was a little disappointed that we wouldn't be picking him up anymore. I got a call from May a few days ago explaining that Peter wanted to try and ride the bus again. She thanked me for being such a huge help, and promised to let me know if Peter changed his mind and wanted me to pick him up again. I never got that call.

     The good news was that Loki and I had twenty extra minutes to do whatever we wanted. A quicky in the shower was a perfect way to start the day for us.

      And, just like always, nothing stayed peaceful for long.

Unknown number
I expected to at least see you by now
Guess you're not as good as you think you are
Soon

"Damn it! He just keeps taunting me. What does he mean by soon? Is he coming to me or does he expect me to find him?" I frustratedly yelled and threw my phone on the conference table.

"Sammee, calm down. We'll get him." Wanda assured me.

I grumbled as I called the school to call off.

"Hey, Beth, it's Sarah Smith."

"Good morning, Sarah, what can I do for you today?" Beth asked me cheerfully.

"My husband and I have food poisoning and will be out today. All of my lesson plans for the day are on my desk for the sub. Please tell Miriam we'll be out." I told her.

"Oh, actually, our new principal starts today. He seems nice, serious, but nice. I'll be sure to let him know. Do you need tomorrow off as well?"

"No, just today. We should be fine by tomorrow." I told her. "But, what's the new principals name?"

"Principal Morita." Beth told me happily. "I'll pass him the message. Hope you two feel better. Drink lots of water!"

"Thank you, Beth." I said before hanging up with a sigh of release. Maybe the comic book thing was just me overthinking. The correct principal, Principal Morita, was here now. Maybe that was how it always happened and it was just never shown in the movies. My shoulders sagged in relief, that was one crisis averted, now onto the next.

Nothing... we had jack-shit on Rumlow. So, Loki and I went back to work the next day. We all discussed the risk of us continuing our work at the school in our meeting. Loki and I were taking precautions, but Tony said he would also set up extra security around the school. All in all, we thought it was safe.

     When Loki and I got to the school, we immediately went to meet the new principal. I also let the team know in our meeting that I might have been paranoid over nothing, since it was how it was supposed to be now. Principal Morita was a stern man with little to no sense of humor, but he was a good man and a good principal. He would be good for the school.

Discord: https://discord.gg/HdbrjchU