Epilogue

A/N: Enjoy the epilogue! The closing note is down below too.

Third Person POV:

A week...

It had been a week...

A week since...since...since, well...Dream died.

It had been quite an eventful week too.

Sapnap and George unable to stay here with the memories of their friend, left. Sapnap informed Wilbur, that they were going to travel. Bad quit his job in the castle, and left with the two. The royal family or Phil, Wilbur, Tommy, and Tubbo spend a day far away from everything and grieved in silence. The rest of the time they tried to talk some sense in Technoblade.

And the final person, Technoblade...For the first couple days, he didn't quite take the death of his light well...

On the first day, Techno locked himself in his room...crying his eyes out and staining his cheeks.

On the second day, Techno left his room with a forced smile, it was so fake. He spent his day in the library...reading all his letters addressed to Dream.

On the third day, Techno went in the garden...He stared around and tried to remember all the happy memories they shared.

On the fourth day, Techno stayed in the training grounds, time passed slowly...Training was all he did for the whole day.

On the fifth day, Technoblade decided to stop this game and get his life together. This was not what Dream wanted. He was told that he would be fine, so he would be.

Technoblade dropped his façades...
He wasn't happy.
He wasn't whole.
He wasn't strong.

But he also wasn't sad.
And he wasn't empty
And he wasn't weak.

And he realized, that even without Dream, Techno was going to be okay. Because he was fine, content and a bit down...but alright. He would live and he would be alright.

So he decided to get over it...Get over Dream. I mean he was gone, he wouldn't come back. So what was the point. Would he spend the rest of his days, barely eating and drinking, crying onto his pillow, locked away in his room? Absolutely not!

He was Technoblade.

He had once been emotionless.

Had once hid behind a façade.

Had once met a Dream.

And had once smiled and felt complete.

But he had also lost his Dream.

That didn't mean that he was once again emotionless. As a kid, he believe to be unable to feel anything. Dream proved him wrong. Now he knew that emotions existed in his life.

So why should he hide behind a emotionless façade? Why should he close the curtains that let the bright light in? Why should he lock the door, that Dream worked so hard to open?

Technoblade had been told he was fine. Therefore he was fine.

-------------------------

Now, two days later, after the prince's whole decision and debate, he was ready. Ready to leave. You see Techno decided that he couldn't stay here and after a lot of thought.

The pink-haired was going back to the cottage, where only happy memories existed.

Technoblade was backing away from his role as the heir and gave the throne to Wilbur, the second oldest. His family understood and were glad that he would be happy. So now that everything was explained, and a plan was made. Techno could leave and do what he wanted...

Farm potatoes...

Yes, that was what the prince decided to do. Live in a cottage, farm potatoes and be happy.

-------------------------

The rest of the day Techno was leading Carl and Spirit, who were pulling a wagon, filled with the possessions that Techno was bringing with him to his new home. Finally after hours, the cottage came to few, it looked almost the same as when Dream came.

The two horses were brought to the stable where their owner made sure they were all settled and alright, before closing the enclosure and bringing the things, that he brought in the wagon, inside the cozy, small but livable, house.

When he was done, Techno fell onto his bed, exhausted. He dozed off into deep sleep, where only his dreams who accompany him.

And morning came soon enough, the sun would rise, the light would shine through the curtains onto Techno's sleeping form, birds would sing a melody and it was enough for the sleeping, to finally walk up.

A new day waiting for him.

-------------------------

Techno sat up on his bed and looked around, it sure seemed different without Dream. But it would do, he was sure of it.

As the pinkette stood up, he saw something from the corner of his eye. On the spruce desk, a envelope rested. Confusion fell on Techno's face, he was certain there hadn't been anything there, when Dream and himself left.

Techno stepped forward, grabbed the envelope and sat on his bed. He opened the letter's cover, and pulled out a piece of parchment. His eyes skimmed over the paper, and they widened as he recognized Dream's handwriting.

-------------------------

Dear Technoblade,
Or should I say beloved, since you are now mine.

I wanted to say thank you for everything. You bring me so much joy and happiness, I truly feel so cared for and loved around you. I know, I'm not the best with words, you always were better at writing and flattery. But I'll try my best in this letter.

These past weeks have been like paradise with you. I wish they would never end. But there you are screaming at me to hurry up again. When you miss this place, do not blame me. Anyway, I truly did enjoy the time we spend together. I can't write much longer as we have to head back soon. But I wanted to write you something, I mean you wrote me thousands of letters. So now it's my turn.

Technoblade, I know you probably won't read this. But, since I can't tell you face to face, I will write it here.

Technoblade...I love you.
Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Your love, Dream :)

-------------------------

'So that was what Dream was doing that day.' Techno thought, as a tear glided down his cheek. A small smile spread on his face and he wiped the tear away. His eyes reread the letter once more, and another time, and another. Techno let out a small laugh and he knew, that deep down.

He would be fine. Even without Dream...

«——————————♪♡♪——————————»

So, I guess this is the end. Hope you liked the story. :)

I also wanted to say, thank you to everybody. Thank you for everything, all the support, the funny comments, and the entertaining conversations. I feel so grateful that I was given this great opportunity.

I'll miss you all so much. You guys are such amazing people and I wish you all a fantastic day!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Goodbye, for now.

-Author Blu ^-^