VI - it was an accident

Mr. Jackman leads Mitch to the closet in a nearby hallway. Mitch wearily enters and leans against the back wall slouching his body, the wall being his only support.

"That's the last time I'm putting up with your shit Mitchell. That's the last time you make me look bad in front of those kids, in front of anyone! I have a house, I have a life and I'm not throwing it all away on one stupid moron like you." He takes a deep breathe then continues the glare still glued to his eyes.

But someday. Someday you'll leave this place and everyone will forget about you and you'll be caught up in your own pathetic little life. Then, I'll be there. Oh I'll be there just to make sure you remember this day and I'll kick the living hell out of you." He let's out a small laugh.

"Wait. Are you threatening me?" Mitch questions.
"What are you going todo about it? I'm a man of honor and authority. No one will believe a punk like you who just breaks every single rule. You're just a piece of shit that no one will miss. Go ahead. Run away run away from this risky dink of a town and leave. No one will care, no one will notice.

In fact some people will probably be happy because you're just there to be there. You serve no purpose in outer society Mitchell. Face it." Mitch steps back at the teacher's harsh words slightly flinching. He slides down the wall sitting on the ground burying his face in his hands accepting that he was right. He was just a waste of space.

"Real tough guy now huh? Come on. On your feet I want to see how tough you actually are." Mitch keeps his head down trying to avoid the principle's hard gaze. "I'll give you the first shot. Come on tough guy." He throws a punch his my way making Mitch flinch and look away quickly. "Thought so." Jackman walks out of the closet and locks the door behind him leaving Mitch all to himself.

*back in the library*
Jerome sighs not bothering to join the small group of the other students in the back corner.
"Should we help him?" Vikk ask setting the small plastic bag on Lachlan's desk.
"How?" Rob shrugs his shoulders. "How could we help him I mean Mr. Jackman would kill us if he found us. Besides we don't know where he is!"

"Rob has a point." Preston sighs sitting down in his nearby seat pushing his hair back.
"We can try." Lachlan suggests receiving no backup from anyone else.
"It's no hope." Jerome speaks up. "It's either he finds a way or he doesn't come back there's no in between."

They all stay silent until a the door opens. It was Mitch.
"I just escaped through the vents into the girls bathroom." He laughs but then heavy and loud footsteps are heard from the hallway making all the teens hurry back into a normal position with Mitch hiding under Jerome's desk.

"What was that sound?" Jackman storms in asking loudly. All the teen's eyes drift to the man in the front.
"I'm not sure." Vikk folds his arms and rests his chin on top. "Would you describe it as a ruckus?"

"What?" The principle questions not understanding the student's simple question.
"Can you describe the ruckus?" Lachlan joins in.

"Or are you too stupid to know what a ruckus is?" Jerome mutters under his breathe. Mitch's hand grazes over Jerome's upper thigh near his um... ya (WHAT WORD DO I USE THEY ALL SOUND WEIRD! I'm sorry but I get really uncomfortable in parts like these 😂) making him jump his chair making a loud noise as it falls back on the ground.

"What was that?" Mr. Jackman questions.
"What was what?" Jerome asks trying to fight the urge to push Mitch out from under the table into clear view of the principle.

Preston starts coughing in the back everyone else joining in. "Was it my cough?" He asks in between one.

"No..." Mr. Jackman growls. "I may not have caught you guys now but next time, you won't be so lucky."

The principle leaves the room and immediately Jerome kicks itch out from under the desk receiving a groan from the brunette.
"You're a fucking asshole." Jerome spits.
"Hey." Mitch rubs the back him head attempting to soothe some of the pain. "It was an accident." He lies.

"Sure...." Jerome kicks him making him stumble past Rob's desk on his way to Vikk's.