XI - they look up to us

"Holy damn." (Soooo Lachlan) Lachlan mutters to himself but loud enough for everyone else to hear. He quickly sighs running his hand through his hair staring at the floor. "Are we going to you know. Grow up like our parents?" He quizzes everyone making them think.

"Not me. Not ever." Jerome speaks up breaking the silence between them all.
"It's unavoidable." Preston chirps up. "Once you grow up, your heart dies."

"Way to brighten up the mood." Mitch smiles sarcastically.

"You killed it when-"

"Hey guys?" Rob interrupts before yet another fight breaks out. "I know it's a weird time, but what happens on Monday?"

"What do you mean? Like if were still friends, well if were still friends now?" Rob nods not bothering to look up from his hand in his lap.

"The truth is... probably no."

"Do you mean all of us? Or just Mitch?"

"All of us most likely." Jerome shrugs making Rob's lips curve downwards.

"Way to be nice about it." Lachlan spits.

"Really? Are you serious? What would happen if he came up to you at lunch?" Jerome asks. "Would you invite him to sit with you? Or would you kindly say hi and wait for him to leave so you can talk shit about him behind his back to your football friends to make it look like you don't actually like him?"

"I wouldn't do that." Lachlan retorts.
"What would you do if I came up to you?" Vikk asks looking into the athlete's dreamy sky blue eyes.
"Same exact thing." Jerome answers bluntly. "You're a loser and a loser." His words dangle still in the air until he opens his mouth again, "do you even have any friends?"

"That's so un called for." Lachlan leans forward resting his hand protectively on Vikk's thigh.
"You're such a bitch." Mitch implies squinting his eyes at Jerome.
"Why? Cause I'm telling the truth? I'm so sorry for telling the truth."

"Ever heard of a white lie?" Rob mumbles barely above a whisper.

"No! You're a bitch because you know what you're doing it wrong. You don't have the guts to walk up to your "friends" to tell them about us!" Mitch retorts his voice steadily rising.

"Okay. What about you, you hypocrite? Why don't you take Preston to one of your drug parties? Or take Vikk to a rock band mosh pit? What about Lachlan or Rob?" He pauses for a second his chest heaving up and down out of breathe from screaming at the boy across from him. "What about me?" He asks in a normal voice tears pulling at the corners of his eyes. "What would you do if you were walking down the halls and saw me?"

"Don't fucking talk about my friends! You don't have a clue about them and you fucking hell wouldn't talk to them!" Mitch states firmly through gritted teeth.

"Just wanted you guys to know..." Rob sighs before continuing in a quiet voice. "That I would talk to you no matter what my friends think." Preston nods sitting next to him agreeing and saying he'd do the same.

"Same." Preston starts speaking. "Not talking to someone because of your friends is bull shrimp."

"Your friends wouldn't mind." Jerome starts explaining. "They look up to us."

"Wow. You really are full of yourself, Jerome." Rob chuckles mockingly.
"Why are you so cocky?" Lachlan asks running his hand through his hair.
"I'm not trying to be cocky! Okay? I hate having to go along with everything my friends say!" He shouts tears pooling in his eyes.

A/N
Idk why I just didn't want to make this part too long. I think there's only one part left guys ;-;
Let me know if you want like a "Epilogue" thing or something because I'll have to write that completely on my own cause it wasn't in the movie 🌚