X - are you going to tell your dad on me?

"I refused to play a game. Now I'm here." Lachlan grumbles.
"Seriously?" Preston shouts/ask. "Dude! I got in here because I was making out with some person in the janitors closet." Everyone stares at him in disbelief except Rob who was blushing. "But seriously that's the worst reason ever."

"Ya... My old pop is always like "Win! Win! Win! There's no room for failure. It's hard you know! I can't always be perfect and make the perfect plays." His face starts to get red and puffy as he rubs the bridge of his nose trying to keep from crying. Vikk softly rubs his back trying to comfort his new friend. "Sometimes... I just wish my fucking knee would just fucking give out so he would forget about the God damn game and the stupid God damn scholarship." Lachlan was nearly in tears but quickly calmed down not wanting to show his tears.
"You know, our dads should go bowling sometime." Mitch let's out a small laugh trying to keep the athlete's feelings happy. Lachlan smiles through the pain and nods.

"I feel the same with my grades you know." Rob shrugs. "Y'know like whenever I look in the mirror I see what I don't want to see and it fucking stinks." (my teacher tells us not to use the word sucks 😂)
"Why don't you like yourself?" Vikk asks sweeping hair to the side.

"Because, I'm failing shop. We had this damn assignment and I got an F on it. I've never gotten an F before. I ought I was playing it safe and could keep up my regular grade point aver-"
"Wait, why did you think it would easy?" Lachlan cuts him off.
"Dude, have you see the dopes that take shop?"

"I take shop. You must be a fucking idiot." Mitch laughs throwing a book at him that he had next to him earlier.
"Sure. I'm an idiot because I can't make a damn lamp."
"No," Mitch sarcastically exaggerates, "you're a genius because you can't make a lamp." He explains popping the p at the end for effect.

"Okay." Rob interrupts. "Let's talk about something else."
"Well... I can drink a whole two litter of Dr. Pepper in a minute then snort bubbles out of my nose." Preston explains laughing everyone else cracking smiles. (If anyone can actually do that you are queen)
"I can a whole 450 page page book in two days." Vikk shrugs.

"I can beat your score in Crossy Roads." Lachlan flashes a cocky smile and winks at Vikk making him blush.

"What about you Jerome? What can you do?" Mitch questions.
"I can't do anything." Jerome shrugs his shoulders.
"Come on, everyone can do something." Mitch smirks. "Have you see Jackman? He's been doing this shit for 15 years."

"Okay there is one thing I can do... never mind it's too embarrassing."
"Come on."
"Fine... but just don't laugh. Okay?" He sighs taking off his SnapBack and Jordan's off. He sets his shoes far spat so the hat can be set on both of them off the ground.

He positions his foot and jerks it up and aims so it lands on his head perfectly.

Everyone claps as he puts his shoes back on, but Mitch's is slow and sarcastic.
"Where'd you learn to do that?" Mitch questions squinting his eyes.
"Summer camp a few years back."

"That was great Jerome. My image of you totally changed."
"You promised you wouldn't laugh." Jerome mutters.
"Stop tormenting him." Lachlan comments tried of Mitch and Jerome fighting.
"Why? Why do you care Power? I don't matter anyway. I could disappear and no one would care. You all said it yourselves."

"You know as well as I do that we both have feelings." Jerome shouts angrily. "And it hurts just as fucking much when someone comes and fucking steps all over them like they're worthless." Jerome gets up and walks away from the group huffing loudly.

"You're so fucking pathetic." Mitch calls out making Jerome stop and turn around. "Never ever compare yourself to me!" He shouts furious. "You have everything and I have fucking nothing.

"S-shut. Up." Jerome stutters through his clenched teeth.

"What?" Mitch questions getting up from his spot. "Are you going to tell your dad on me?" He pauses surveying the other quiet teens sitting on the ground starring at the them two. "You know, Jerome. I really like those shoes. Did you work for them or did you dad buy them?"
"I said shut up!"

"I bet you got those as a Christmas present? Huh? Want to know what I got for Christmas? A fucking pack of cigarettes! Pretty great year for he ol' Hughes fam."
"Guys, that's seriously enough." Preston speaks up in a soft voice trying to calm them down.

They both scoff and return to their original spot, Jerome crossing his arms over his chest.

A/N
A new cover because why not