XII - every parent has their problem

"What Jerome?" Rob asks leaning forward. "You don't think I understand pressure? You know, just fuck off."

"Rob." Preston coos resting his head on Rob's shoulder trying to calm him down but failing.

"I'm here because Mr. Freeman (lel) found a gun in my locker." He sighs leaning back against the wall again.

"Why was there a gun in your locker?" Vik asks his voice quiet not wanting to enrage him even more.

"I tried so damn hard to not get an f on that assignment..." He stares blankly at the center of the small circle tears tugging at the corner of his eyes.

"Rob, why was the gun in your locker?" Lachlan questions firmly raising an eyebrow.

"J- just.... Just forget it." He states not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"You were the one who brought it up!" Lachlan shouts throwing his arms up in the air dramatically.

"I can't get an f okay?!" He yells back. "I can't have it, my parents can't tolerate it. Even I got a b I'd hate myself."

Jerome let's out a sympathetic sigh saying, "oh Rob" while he buries his face in his hands while being comforted by Preston.

"I was just... considering my options."

"But killing yourself shouldn't be one of them." Preston says in a soothing tone. His heart broke as Rob was trying to hold back tears.

"Was it a handgun?" Lachlan asks.

"No, it was a flare gun. It kind of went off in my locker..." Lachlan let's out a small giggle trying his best not to die of laughter along with Vik who was covering his mouth letting out small muffled laughs leading to everyone fall over in laughter.

"It's not that funny." Rob tries to say keeping back his grin. After a second he joins in and laughs along.
"Okay maybe a bit."

"You know I wish my parents payed more attention to me. They could care less about me. Just about my brother." Vik sighs everyone surprised by his sudden joining of conversation.

"My dad always used to abuse me." Mitch explains blankly staring at the floor. He pulls up his sleeve revealing a dark circle on his white skin.

"W- what is that?" Preston asks not sure if he really wants to know."

"It's a scar. From a cigar." Mitch explains pulling his sleeve back down. Everyone stays quiet until Lachlan speaks up.

"My dad pressures me to always be like him. But I don't want to."

"Why don't you just tell him?" Vikk questions feeling sympathy for him.

"Because, he's always says "Win! Win! Win! No time for losing son." He pauses making sure he won't choke on his words. "You guys want to know the real reason why I'm here?"

Everyone nods not really caring though so Lachlan continues looking over at Preston. "You know Kenny right?" He asks remembering seeing them walk together in the halls. Preston nods pondering why he asked that. "My friends wanted me to beat him up. T- they wanted me to beat him unconscious, but I wouldn't do it. I couldn't." He sharply breaths in before continuing,

"I just sat there behind them watching them beat the poor kid up. I could've helped him and stopped him from getting hurt... but I didn't. Then the teacher found us and when I was in Mr. Jackman's office... I just thought that what happens when he goes home? He'll have to tell his dad what happened and I knew he saw me doing nothing. His eyes pleaded for help... but I just stood there. He excused the other guys because of the meet but I skipped last game so he put me on here. I couldn't tell my dad that because then he'd say I'm a loser and give me another stupid fucking rant I've heard a million times before." He buries his face in his hands trying to stop the painful pictures from appearing in his mind. "I'm sorry Preston."He mumbles knowing Kenny was his best friend.

Preston sighs taking in his words remembering Kenny telling him what happened. "I feel the same. You know, being pressured by parents. They want me to do great things. Things that will help the world, but right now. I just want to stay a kid while I can."

"What about you?" Mitch asks Jerome.
"Nothing. My parents love me and care for me."

"Oh come on. Every parent has their problems." Lachlan explains.

"Nothing. Seriously."

"Come on princess." Mitch smirks.

"I'm by a fucking princess you bitch."

"I'll stop calling you princess when you tell us."

"Its nothing okay!"

"Why won't you tell us, Princess?"

"Fucking shut up."

"Why should I? Princess."

"They hate me!" He shouts tears threatening to fall. "Im just their weapon that they can use against each other. Every fucking week they threaten to divorce and I just wish they would."

"Wow, wasn't so hard was it?"

"Fuck you."

A/N
ONE MORE CHAPTER AHHH