II - greetings

"Welcome low life scum." The vice principle, Mr. Jackman, greets harshly to the teenage boys. "You all are here for Saturday detention."

"Ya, ya get on with it old man!" Mitch shouts propping his feet up on the desk, leaning back.

"As I was saying... Instead of sitting here and tweedling your thumbs staring at the ceiling," he looks at Preston sitting in the back at the last part, "you will write an essay, 500 words, about what you see yourself as. I will be collecting this afterwards. For now, I will be taking your phones." Everyone groans taking phones out of their pockets.

He turns around the room, box in hand, collecting all the phones ending with Vikk in the corner.

Vikk reluctantly drops his phone into the box and picks up his book again darting his eyes across the pages.

"Great. My office is across the hall, no talking, laughing, smiling or making any noises."

"So basically you're taking away our pursuit of happiness? In the Bill of Rights it states we have to right to pursue happiness." Rob argues.

"Rob, You're freckin Canadian." Mitch comments laughing.
"Says the Canadian." Preston defends making Mitch glare at him.
"You got a problem with Canadians?" Mitch storms up, his face centimeter sway from the brunette's.

"Hughes! Sit your ass down!" Mr. Jackman commands which Mitch does scoffing. "You all have seven hours and 30 minutes to re-think your scummy lives."

The ignorant vice principle gives a warning glare at all the students before leaving and propping the door open behind him.

"This shit is stupid." Lachlan drops his pen on his desk groaning next to him, Jerome fixes his hair in a small mirror he brought while Rob, behind him, sits chewing his pen cap staring at the blank piece of paper in front of him. Vikk, in the back, sit reading his book and Preston sits next to the window watching the birds fly through the air.
"That's why you don't do it dumbass." Mitch laughs at the Australians complainants.

"Excuse him if he actually wants to do good in life. Unlike you." Jerome points out making the other boy glare at him. "It's not like anyone cares for you. If you disappeared no one would notice or care." Jerome explains, a harsh tone used.

"Maybe I should join the football team." Mitch suggests sarcastically pointing at Lachlan. "Or maybe the quick recall team." Looking over at Rob who just stares not saying a word. "Possibly the student council." Preston, the secretary of Student Council, in the back stares down Mitch who motions to him at the last suggestion.

"None of them would take you. Have you seen your permanent record?"
"No. At least I don't make my parents spend a bunch of money on hundreds of pairs of hi-tops." Mitch spits harshly. Jerome just rolls his eyes at Mitch's snide comments.

"Will you guys just shut the fudge up!" Preston yells over everyone else. Mitch laughs at his poor excuse for the actual cuss word.
"You're funny, Arsement." Mitch chuckles.
"What the hell are you doing up, Hughes?" Principle Jackman shouts walking into the library.
"I'm sorry sir, Power and Aceti herewere being really annoying and I needed to to quiet down so I could focus on my essay." Mitch lies making his voice sound as if he were an angel.

Jackman rolls his eyes sighing. "Power, back there next to Barn." Lachlan grabs his things and walks to the back next to Vikk who sits, legs up on the desk still reading his book.

"Great, I want silence." He glares at all the students one last time before taking long, slow strides out of the large classroom of a library.

"Like that's going to happen." Rob whispers to himself not bothering to look up from his paper.