Rehabilitation:11

Nick's POV

"Three." Clark said and pulled the trigger.

Natasha jumped in from of the gun. I screamed "NO!" As she fell to the ground. She didn't scream or cry. She just fell.

That's when we heard sirens. Clark and his men looked around terrified as cops burst in the front door and back.

All I could focus on was Nat's limp body. The cops arrested the men including Clark and an ambulance came and got Natasha.

They would only let family in the ambulance so I hopped in my car with the boy's girlfriends. We drove behind the ambulance until they got to the fire station. It would have taken forty-five minute to drive to get to the hospital. They air lifted her and Andrew and the boys piled in my car. It was tight but we made it to the hospital.

When we got there Walter and Bekka were already there. We talked and they told us she was in the intensive care unit.

A nurse came out and told us that she went into a coma from blood loss. Some police officers came in and took us all down to the station for questioning.

They let us go after a while and a lot of questions and we all went back to the hospital where our parents were waiting. They insisted that we all go home and after arguing with my parents they grounded me and sent me home.

I drove myself home and showered. Then I climbed in bed and prayed before breaking down. I was a tough guy. I hardly ever cried. But she was the only girl I had ever cared about in a more-than-friends way. Now she was in intensive care.

My parents came home and updated me. Conner had gotten away and called the police. Thankfully a police man that lived down the street was just leaving. He had turned around, called for backup and saved the day.

I couldn't sleep at all that night. The next day was Sunday. I refused to go to church. Instead I watched the service online and sat in bed.

The thing with my parents is weird. They let me skip church but not go to see Natasha in the hospital.

The next day I refused to go to school. All I did was pray and cry until my Mom yelled for me to get the door. I got up and trudged to the door. Opened it, signed a paper and took the package.

I walked into the living room, tossed the package on the couch and turned to leave.

"Honey, put a shirt on when you answer the door." My Mom told me.

"It was just package delivery Mom." I replied shortly.

"What if it had been a girl delivering the package? Or a girl scout selling cookies?" My Mom asked.

"Girl scouts don't sell cookies way out here. And not to be sexist or anything, but when has a girl ever delivered something to our house?" I asked Mom.

"I am a female, I delivered you into this life and I picked up last week's pizza on my way home from work. You do not talk to me like that." My Mom replied.

"Okay, sorry." I apologized.

"Give me you're phone." My Mom told me.

I fished it out of my pocket and handed it to her. She set it down next to her and said, "grounded. Didn't we already ground you? Double grounded then."

I sighed and said, "Yes ma'am." Before walking back upstairs to my room.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Mason's Pov

It had been a week. No texts from anyone but the girls. They were constantly checking up. Mom and Dad still had to work but they took more time off.

I would not leave the hospital. I still sat in the chair next to her bed. She had protected me. She had jumped in front of the gun. Taken a bullet for me. Now she had been unconscious for a week.

I stared at her face. She was pretty. She looked peaceful. I closed my eyes for a moment and because of my lack of sleep over the past week fell right asleep.

~~~

"Where am I?" I heard a soft voice ask. My eyes popped open and found Natasha's. She was awake. The boys slowly woke up from they're various places around the room and crowded around the bed. Andrew walked out into the hall and returned with a nurse.

She told us all to leave and we stepped out into the hall. We all had bags under our eyes and some of our eyes were puffy. Andrew and Luke called Mom and Dad while Will and Tyler called the girls and Nick.

Dad showed up first then Mom and the others.

We were allowed in to talk with her. And I went in. "Nat, I thought-I thought you h-had-" I burst into tears and she motioned for me to come closer. She took my hand gently in her cold hand and squeezed it.

"I would never let something happen to you." She said softly. Which made me cry harder.

We talked and I eventually let the others come in. I walked out and hugged Mom and Dad as they left to talk to her. After three hours of everyone talking to her Mom and Dad left to take care of paper work. Nick didn't leave Nat's side at all.

Eventually the doctor came back in.

"Sir," the doctor said. Dad turned from Nat's side and gave the doctor a worried look.

"Sir, would you like them hearing this?" The doctor asked Dad nodding this head towards everyone aside from Mom.

"They're fine. What's wrong?" Dad asked.

"She will need to be moved to a rehabilitation center for at least a month. We need you're signature on these papers.

I glanced at Nat who's face had fallen at the words 'rehabilitation center'.

Dad nodded and the doctor gave him the papers. Dad signed and the doctor spoke again. "She should be moved as soon as possible. Tomorrow if it works for you."

Dad looked to Mom who nodded and Dad turned back to the doctor. "Yes, that works." He told the doctor. The doctor nodded and left the room.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Andrew's POV

The next day me and the boys grabbed some things from around Nat's room and took them to her. The drive there had taken longer than expected so when we got there she was already in her rehab room.

We gave her the things and spent the day with her. Mom and Dad went into work while we were with Nat and then came back at the end of the day.

Mom stayed with her overnight and Dad came home with us. The next day was Tuesday.

Dad forced us to go to school and we did. I didn't focus in school. I spent the day pretending to pay attention when I reality I had created a group chat with the my brothers, the girls, Nick and Nat.

We visited Nat in rehab and then went home again. The next few weeks went the same way.

We played in the playoffs but I was never thinking about the game. Even when we won. Summer had ended a few days after Nat was moved to the rehab center.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Hey guys!

Hope you liked that chapter.

It was one long emotional roller coaster for me. I hate roller coasters.

I was originally going to have the chapter longer but instead I cut it in half so you can feel more accomplished.😁

The next part will come out today unless I die before.... 🤷

Comment and vote if you liked it!

-Kylie