I Need Time : 35

Natasha's POV

My brothers left the room and the girls came in.

"You are never allowed to help others out of a bomb zone first again!" Kylie exclaimed enveloping me in a hug.

I chuckled. "No promises.

She stepped back and I hugged the others.

"So, bored of this place yet?" Pamela asked.

"Well, I've only been awake for a couple hours, but yeah. I am sick of this place." I replied.

"We missed you at the football games. We all refused to pull anymore all-nighters without you." Tanya said.

"Oh, I hate all-nighters you pull as many as you want without me." I told them.

"But your so fun! Especially when you fall asleep and you use Nick as a pillow." Tanya said.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I scowled.

"Lover boy is here to see you so we should let you go. Bye! See you soon hopefully!" Pamela said. She dragged the other girls out of the room as someone stepped in.

"Brett, hey." I said.

"You don't hate me?" Brett asked.

That came out of nowhere.

"No! Of course not, why would I hate you?" I asked him.

"So you haven't been told yet." He said.

"Told what?" I asked.

Brett sighed and ran a hand through his hair sitting down in the closest chair to the bed.

"I had been trying to tell you all week before you were kidnapped. I-I'm-I grew up with you. I'm Clark's son." Brett said.

"You're... I didn't grow up with anyone......" I trailed off.

My mind flashed to a little boy playing with bouncy balls. He was Clark's son. I had grown up with him.

"That-what? You-your my Mom's murderers son? You're Dad killed my Mom? You're Dad shot me. Why? What did I do? Why didn't you wake me up in the middle of the night and tell me? Why did you wait? Why? Wait a second. I just realized you knew that my Dad wasn't dead. THE ENTIRE TIME. You could've went to the police. You stayed silent. Why?" I asked. My blood was boiling and I was mad.

"I'm so, so, so sorry, Natasha. I should've just told you. I'm so sorry. I didn't tell you right away cause I thought I'd lose you. I didn't want to lose my best friend." Brett said.

"That friendship, was built on lies. Does my family know?" I asked.

"Yeah, they found out as soon as I found out that Harry kidnapped you." Brett said.

"Please, please, please forgive me. I don't deserve it but...." Brett sighed.

"Please?" He asked.

"I need time." I said quickly not looking at him. My eyes burned with tears wanting to overflow. I didn't let them. I couldn't let them. I wouldn't let them.

"Just think about it. Okay?" Brett asked.

"Fine." I said shortly.

Brett got up and walked to the door. He turned and opened his mouth to say something. He closed it and left.

That's when my wall fell. Tears streamed down my face as I realized what had all happened. I had trusted someone so much to the point where I was crushed. That was why I had built my wall. I had built it in the adoption center. I had lived with it for so long. Then Brett had knocked it over like a cardboard box.