Even more nightmares:42

Natasha's POV

[Nightmare]

I walked in the front door. It was quiet. I leaned my crutches up against the wall and realized the crutches had grown.

No. I had shrunk. I was short. Not much of a difference.

I felt my hair was down to my waist, looking down I found I was wearing an oversized t-shirt that belonged to my biological Mom and a pair of shorts. I was ten. I was wearing the same outfit I had been when my Mom died. No. She didn't die. She was killed.

I walked straight to the back door and slid it open. Then I looked to the left, no puppy, only my family, friends, biological parents and Clark.

Instead of guns, there were knives. The knives were held to their throats.

"Don't!" I shrieked. My voice was high pitched and full of fear.

"Come here Natalie. I'll comfort you." Clark said.

"RUN!" My bio Mom yelled.

He pulled out a gun and shot my bio Mom's head. My Mom screamed and slumped to the ground, Clark motioned to his men to grab my bio Dad.

I ran back inside but was shot in the shoulder three times. I screamed.

[Nightmare ends]

My eyes shot open and found the ceiling. It was pitch black. I was shaking and I could feel myself soaked in sweat. My shoulder and wrist throbbed. I sat up and found Oscar sitting there.

He was wagging his tail and had a confused look on his face.

"Hey buddy. How are you?" I whispered.

Oscar wagged his tail and gave me a puppy smile. I smiled a little. I realized my face was wet with tears. I wiped my eyes and stood up.

Oscar hopped off my bed and trotted to the closed door. I opened it and he ran out down the stairs.

I followed him and found him sniffing at the bag of dog food.

"Are you hungry Oscar? Huh, boy?" I asked him in my baby voice.

I grabbed the scissors from the drawer and cut the bag open. Then I found a plastic bowl in the cupboard and put a cup of his dry food in it. He ate it quickly and then started whining.

"What? Do you want water?" I asked. I grabbed the now empty plastic bowl and filled it up halfway with water.

He sniffed at it and lifted his back leg.

"Nope!" I exclaimed.

I scooped him up, hooked him on his leash and opened the back door for him to go out. He walked to the center of the yard and did his business. Then he trotted back to me.

"Good boy! Your such a good boy! Yes you are, yes you are!" I told him excitedly in my baby voice, while scratching him behind his ears.

He wagged his tail. I went over to the sink and dumped his water out, before getting myself water. Then I walked back upstairs with Oscar and went to the bathroom.

I could hear him whining outside the door as I did my business. I came out of the bathroom and found him laying down by the door. I scratched behind his ears and he followed me back to my room.

I stripped my bed and got fresh sheets on. Then I sat back down and cuddled with Oscar for a minute.

Twenty minutes I was still awake with Oscar sleeping soundly. Lucky. I grabbed my book, 'The Bookwanderers' and continued reading it. I don't know how long I was reading it, but after a long time I finished the book and laid back down with Oscar still in my lap.