Orange is No Longer Innocent:15

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
A/N
Just picture the bouncy ball being orange😜
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Summer/Natasha's POV

I woke up and laid in bed staring at my ceiling for a while. Eventually I sat up and swung my legs over the side of my bed. Walking to my closet I grabbed a pair of ripped blue jeans, a tight black noodle strap tank top and a light purple sweatshirt.

I showered, left my hair down to dry and wrapped my hands again so my knuckles could heal. I still couldn't understand how I hadn't noticed them until Nick pointed it out. Then I tossed my dirty clothes in the hamper and slipped my white converse shoes on before going down stairs.

Bekka was in the kitchen cooking eggs but looked up from the pan when I entered.

"Good morning sweetie. Would you like some eggs?" Bekka asked me.

"Yes please." I replied scooting onto a bar stool.

Bekka nodded and cracked a few more eggs before turning. "So, are you ready to go to the bank?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Okay, we'll go after we eat." Bekka said.

We talked while she cooked and once the eggs were done we ate in silence. The boys came down and chatted while they ate. Then I took our dishes and stuck them in the dishwasher before hopping in the car with Bekka.

All I could think about on the way there was that my Dad could have left something there. Something important. Like info about the tech or something more vital. Like national security things.

When we finally arrived we got out and spoke with someone at the front desk. I was given a metal box and a key and shown to a private room. It was a privacy thing. Bekka waited in the waiting room while a man showed me to a room without windows. Once the man was gone I locked the door and glanced around for security cameras. There were none.

I used the key to open the lockbox and stopped. A sick feeling grew in my stomach as I stared. Right there on top of the other things in the lockbox was a gun. A shiver ran down my spine. This was the exact gun my Dad had taught me to shoot with. It was the exact thing that would put the people I loved in danger. How had my Dad even gotten it in the lockbox? I had no idea.

I picked the gun up carefully and checked to see if it was loaded. Nope it wasn't but I saw a magazine in the lockbox no doubt full of bullets. I placed the gun and mag on the little table in the room and picked up the next thing. It was a photo album. I flipped through it and found pictures of me, my Mom, my Dad and.... Clark. I tore the pictures of Clark out and shoved them back in the box placing the photo album on the table.

The next item I picked up was a foam bouncy ball. It was orange with a little black smiley face. I smirked and tossed it on the table. The next item was an envelope.

On the front it read:
In Case I Die

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and began tearing the envelope open but there was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I called.

"Ms, this room is limited time we need it for another customer please hurry along." A voice came through the door.

"Okay, I'll be out in a minute." I called back.

I dug through the lockbox and found a worn purse. Probably one of the purses my Dad had given my Mom. He loved giving her concealed carry bags. This bag was big enough to fit all the things that were in the lockbox. I'd have to go through the things more thoroughly at home. I left the lockbox unlocked as a sign that it would no longer be used by me and then exited the room.