The dance : 50

Natasha's POV

I woke up to a knock on my door. Slowly I threw back my covers and got up.

"Yes?" I asked rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. Will entered.

"We need to leave for school in thirty minutes. I'm taking you, Luke had to go early to talk to a teacher about a paper due." Will told me.

"Okay, I'll be down soon." I told him.

He nodded and left. I grabbed a pair of black leggings, a black hoodie and a long gray t-shirt. Then I showered quickly, brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, grabbed my backpack, shoved my phone in it, slipped my shoes on and grabbed my water bottle heading downstairs.

I grabbed a cliff bar from the box and followed Tyler and Will outside. Mason had gone early with Luke.

I sat in the backseat while Tyler sat up front with Will. We arrived at school and went in as the bus pulled to a stop letting kids off.

I walked ahead to homeroom and sat in the back right corner. Will came in with Brett and Nick behind him. They waved and came over.

"How are you?" Nick asked sitting beside me.

"Okay, I'm tired." I told him.

"How are you?" I asked him.

"Good. Sorry you're tired. Anything I can do to help?" He asked.

"No. But thanks for the offer." I replied.

The reason why I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep was because yesterday was my Dad's birthday. My biological Dad's. Yesterday I went to Zips, ordered what my Dad would have ordered and scrolled through a news article about him. Then I ran into the guys and hung out with them, kindly finishing off Luke's fries for him.

School passed and the girls came over after school. 

"So, we are all going to the dance. You need to come. Even if you don't have a date. Your brothers invited us all including Cam and Margo so you are still coming. Even if you don't have a date." Pam told me. 

I groaned. "Please no! I have zero coordination when it comes to dancing. Sure, I can take out grown men who are armed but I can't dance!" I exclaimed.

"Well, too bad. You already have that dress I got you for Christmas. Us girls can ditch the boys for a while to hangout with you too. You have to come." Pam told me.

"But-"

"Not to mention this year is Pam's last year in high school. You have to go with us. Plus Pam doesn't have a date cause Andrews in the military now." Tanya told me.

I sighed. "Fine. I'll go. But no curling my hair and no eyeliner." I told them knowing they would want to do both to me.

~~~

Unfortunately, I forgot to say no high heels. So that is how I ended up wearing a pair of black strappy high heels exactly five days later.

I was wearing the purple dress Pamela had got me, with Kylie's black high heels, sitting at my desk while Tanya did my makeup and Kylie and Pamela got the other girls ready.

Tanya stepped back to admire her work and nodded. "Okay, now you just need to learn how to walk in heels." She told me.

I followed her hobbling out of my room towards the stairs. Tanya went downstairs and I followed tripping once but catching myself.

"Okay, so you sort of cross your legs a little when you walk and make sure you look where you are stepping so you don't trip on another girl's long dress. There was a girl last year who came in a floor length dress that had a train. Major disaster. Okay, now you walk." Tanya told me.