Home:12

Summer/Natasha's POV

For the next few weeks Mom and Dad alternated spending the day with me. Mom on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Dad on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The boys, Mom and Dad spent the day with me on Sunday. We watched the sermon online and did board games.

The girls and Nick randomly showed up throughout the weeks to surprise me. Mom introduced me to her sister and her brother in-law along with my cousin Jeremy. A week after Mom introduced me to them, she introduced me to my grandparents both on my Mom's side and my Dad's side. The grandparents on my Dad's side were halfway across the states in Iowa so she introduced me over face time. My Dad was an only child so I only had one cousin. (Jeremy) I got a butt load of "Get well soon" cards, flowers and candy.

The things I did at the rehab were strange. They gave me pills called, 'poop softeners' so that I didn't use my abdominal muscles to push. Along with that, I saw a physical therapist.

One month went by like this and then one month stretched into two. Luke's, Tyler's and Mason's birthdays passed and I ordered them each a gift online. They visited the rehab center and we had a mini party.

Andrew graduated high school and postponed his move to Pullman because I was still stuck in rehab. We had a graduation party at the rehab facility.

By the end of it I had read every book Mom had brought me and watched "The maze runner" series, the "Divergent" series, the "Narnia" series and "the lord of the rings" series with Dad.

I started drawing cause I was bored. I didn't remember a time in my life that I had ever been so bored.

But I was saved when My family came in on Sunday and told me that I could finally get out of rehab.

I saw the physical therapist and Mom and Dad gathered up my things. I had gotten my stitches out weeks ago and could walk fine. Even so, the boys babied me. It had been two months since I had been home. It was August first and I wanted to get out of here.

When I got home I walked in the front door carrying the stuffed hippo that Dad had given me. I had named her Violet.

I walked through the living room towards the stairs and the lights flipped on.

"Surprise!" People yelled jumping out from their hiding places. Among the people I saw Pamela, Tanya, Kylie, Nick My grandparents on my Mom's side, my grandparents on my Dad's side and my aunt and uncle plus Jeremy.

I almost dropped Violet. I smiled as they each came over and hugged me. They had made food already so I tossed my stuff on my bed and went back down to eat an early lunch.

We ate and talked for a while. Then we played board games and watched "War room."

By then it was 2:37 so my grandparents on my Mom's side left. My grandparents on my Dad's side were staying here in the guest bedroom for the week.

We watched the service online and then decided to go down to the park. Nick and the others left to get swim suits from their houses. I didn't have a swim suit so Pamela brought one of her extra swim suits over for me. I went to the bathroom and changed into the one piece teal swim suit and threw a pair of green swim shorts over it. Grandma and Grandpa decided to take a nap instead of come.

We drove down to the park-which was a little over a minute away-and I discovered why we needed swim suits.

The park was split into three parts. One part was the sandy beach. Another part was grass and a playground. The third part was parking space and docks for boating.

I hopped out of the car and winced. It hurt slightly to jump. Nick noticed and came over. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," I thanked him. He nodded but then stopped when I turned. "Are you sure you're fine?" He asked me. I could tell he was looking at my scars. I turned around and nodded. "I'm fine. It doesn't hurt." I told him. Nick nodded slowly and then turned to help his Mom with the umbrella. His parents met us there along with the girl's parents. I grabbed my towel and teal water bottle before following the girls down.