34. Vienna waits-Oh wait this is Venice

Minami half-regretted taking a plane to Venice. She had gotten up normally that morning, gotten dressed in a crop-top, a pair of sweats, and an oversized jacket. They packed their things into a taxi and went to the airport.

They put their stuff on the conveyor belt and made their way to their flight. After sitting down, Minami realized how scared she actually was. Being in a metal vehicle, flying above things. Not to mention the many people around them and the small space they had to themselves. It was quite nerve-wracking.

"Relax Minami-chan," Tendou said. He was holding her hand, trying to comfort her as she pushed herself almost into the seat. Thankfully, they had gotten two window seats so they wouldn't have to share with anyone else. But, Minami had to sit by the window which in itself was terrifying.

She took some deep breaths as the flight attendant began listing off the procedures in case something happened to the plane. Minami paid very close attention. Once the instructions were over she gripped one armrest with her hand and Tendou's hand with her other.

She tried taking more deep breaths to calm herself down. It was starting to work too. But then the plane jolted as it took off from the runway. She once again pressed her back to the seats and glued her eyes shut. No way was she going to look out the window as they took off.

After a few minutes, she felt the plane slowly lift off the ground and into the air. Her ears popped and she winced. Now they were officially in the air. She slowly opened her eyes and turned to face away from the window. It was terrifying even being near it.

"See? Told you you'd be fine," Tendou said, planting a kiss on her head. She smiled and leaned her head against his shoulder. Maybe if she was lucky she could catch some zzz's. She closed her eyes, snuggled closer to Tendou, and slowly, very slowly fell asleep.

-----

"Wow, it's even prettier in real life," Minami marveled at the vast waterways covering the floor of the city of Venice Italy. "So, Satori, welcome to the City of Canals." They both walked on the banks of one of the many waterways that hosted gondolas.

She would ride one. She would. It would eventually happen.

Thankfully, thanks to their great navigational skills, *cough* Google maps*cough*, they were able to find their hotel. They went to their room. It was surprisingly nice. The style was victorian with cool drapes and a matching bedspread.

Their window overlooked one of the many (streams? Rivers? Ocean bits?) and Minami could see couples sitting on gondolas. Again, she would ride one.

"How about, we get a little settled here, and then we walk around the city just to go sightseeing. We can do all the fun stuff tomorrow.," Tendou suggested. Minami nodded and they unpacked their things, getting comfortable with the room.

They made their way back outside and back onto the streets of Venice like good little tourists. Thankfully for them, however, they had brushed up on their Italian so if the need would've arisen, they would've been fine.

They walked through the streets, watching the water that covered the city. It was quite beautiful. After a few minutes of wandering and getting lost with google maps, they made it to their first destination.

"Basilica di San Marco," Tendou mumbled as the couple stared up at the church. It was a beautiful building with domes, spirals, and columns. The perfect design for a nice church. The chicken tender looked back down at his pamphlet, " This elaborate church sits on the popular piazza by the same name. The church was built in honor of St. Mark the evangelist, whose remains were stolen from their home in Alexandria, Egypt, and hidden in barrels of pork and cabbage leaves by a couple of crafty Venetians, intent on bringing him to rest in Venice."