14. Vs. Karasuno

It was day four of the Spring High-Miyagi Prefecture Representative Playoffs. Shiratorizawa had played and beaten Araigawa High School, Hakusuikan High School, and Kesenike High School, and they were going to play Karasuno.

Minami entered the large gymnasium with the two coahes and they made their way to the bench. The team was still stretching and getting ready in the hallway. Minami watched Karasuno like a bird of prey. Trying to find any weaknesses or something that could cause them to mess up.

Instead all she heard was this:

"I need...to go..to the...bathroom."

"Stomach Medicine..!"

"My stomach hurts too..."

"Center Court!"

"Noya-san look! They have cheerleaders!!"

"AHHH, I'M SO JEALOUS!"

"Are the officials sure this is the team that beat Aoba Johsai?" she asked Coach Saitou. He laughed. Then she heard it. The loud roar of the Shiratorizawa students in the stands. Minami looked toward the door, seeing the team coming into the gym.

They headed to the bench and Tendou immediately gave her a hug and said, "Minami-chan, make sure you're watching me~"

She smiled, "I promise. Now go warm up." She shooed him towards the rest of the team.

"That little guy from before definitely nicknamed Reon as benkei," Tendou said after their team warmed up. 

"It doesn't really match my personality though," Ohira replied.

"Karasuno huh?" Yamagata asked. "I though we'd be playing Seijoh."

"No matter who are opponents are, we can use our strength to defeat them!" Goshiki exclaimed. Minami loved his enthusiasm.

"Wait until you prove your strength before you talk big like that," Shirabu told him, scowling. And of course he had to ruin it.

"Now, now. That's enough" Tendou said, coming in between the two of them. "As usual, your words are as cool as your bangs Goshiki!"

"TH-THANKS SENPAI!" Goshiki yelled, his body rigid. If only he knew it wasn't a compliment.

"LINE UP!"

The boys walked to the line and stood on it, facing Karasuno.

"Now, Japan Boys Volleyball, Miyagi Prefecture Spring High Finals," the commentators announced. "Karasuno High Vs. Shiatorizawa Academy!"

The players bowed to the other team and went up to the net to shake hands. "Now we will introduce the players."

The camera landed on each players and the commentators gave their name, year and position. The coaches were shown too as well as Minami, who immediately became flustered as soon as the camera fell on her.

The commentators spoke of how she transferred from Fukurodani and that she was a middle blocker on the girls volleyball team there. They then introduced Karasuno and the boys got into their positions.

"Now, the match will begin!" The captain of Karasuno got the ball and served to the corner of the court. Goshiki ran for it but saw it was out of bounds and stopped. The ball hit outside the line, giving Shiratorizawa the first point.

"GO GO GO GO GO! SHIRATORIZAWA!"

Next it was Taichi's turn to serve. He hit the ball but it hit the net. Both the bald guy and the jesus-looking guy called it but neither of them got it, which gave another point to Shiratorizawa.