19. Last Date Pt. 1

"So you finally chose your college," Minami said, skimming over the acceptance letter to Nakamura Culinary School. She and Tendou were sitting on the couch in her dorm's living room.

"Yep!" Tendou said.  

Minami gave a small smile. To be honest, she didn't want Tendou to leave. She knew that he had to to get a degree and eventually a job but, she was going to miss him. A lot, well, much more than a lot.

Before she knew it, a tear slipped down her cheek. Then another. Soon a group of tears fell down her face. She didn't want to cry, it just slipped out.

"Minami-chan," Tendou said, grabbing the paper out of her hand and setting it to the side. He pulled her onto his lap and she brought her knees to his chest. He wrapped his arms around her body as she cried.

His hand stroked her hair and she wrapped her arms around his neck. If it was her choice, she would've stayed there all day. It seemed Tendou had other plans.

"Hey, Minami-chan," Tendou said. "I have a surprise for you."

Minami looked up, her cheeks tear stained, "W-what is it?"

She moved off of his lap and he stood, "I need to go and get it."

He grabbed his keys, put his shoes on and left her dorm after winking at her. Minami waited for a while. Finally, there was a knock at the door. Minami stood up and walked over, opening it.

Standing there was..."Semi-san?"

Semi sighed, "Yeah." He held out a letter. "Here. This is from Tendou."

Minami took the letter, "Semi-san what is all this?"

Semi sighed, "Tendou told me not to tell. Just open the letter."

Minami nodded and thanked Semi. She closed the door and opened the letter. 

"Minami-chan, here's my surprise! A scavenger hunt, of sorts! I've planted clue's all around, and you'll get a big surprise at the end. You could say this is sort of compensation for me not going to be able to spend a lot of time with you in the future. I hope you have fun.

-Satori"

Minami put the letter down and looked around the room. The letter he planted in here must've been somewhere in the living room.

She then noticed a small box on the table. She moved toward it and opened the box. Inside of it was a silver necklace with intertwined rings on it. She put the necklace on and lifted the second letter.

"It's one of the places we went on date."

They'd only gone on two dates. The second was in her dorm so it couldn't have been there. Her options were a cat cafe, a library, a roller skating rink and the ferris wheel. So to the library she went.

-----

Minami reached the library and walked inside. It looked to same but at the counter was Taichi. They made eye contact and he gave an amused smirk.

"Took you long enough to get here," he said, he pulled a letter from his pocket and slipped it through his fingers. "Here Tendou left this for you."

He handed her the letter and a small black box. Minami opened the box and saw a pair of Aquamarine studs. Minami opened the letter.

"Getting warmer! Where did we go next I wonder?"

Minami shoved the letter in her pocket, thanked Taichi and left to go to the cat cafe. She walked through the door, greeting the workers and headed back to the cafe. She looked around but saw no one.