22.Flashback

-Flashback-

"Welcome to the first practice for the Shiratorizawa girls volleyball team!" Minami straightened up after hearing the coaches voice. "I'm Coach Eijiri, and I expect a marvelous season out of you girls."

Coach Eijiri came into view and Minami was surprised. She was so young. She had long flowy black hair pulled back into a ponytail and she stood about an inch shorter then Minami. She also had peircing electric blue eyes.

Some of the girls mouths hung open at the sight of their young coach.

"What?" she asked. "Surprised to see such a young women taking time out of her day to coach a volleyball team? Well, I played volleyball in highschool. I attended this school, we won nationals my third year. Since then, the girls team has been hiding in the shadows of the boys team. But not this year. This year we will go to nationals!"

The girls cheered along with the coach and Minami gave a small yay. The coach immediately narrowed her eyes at Minami, causing her to stiffen up.

"You!" she said. "What's your name?" 

"M-minami U-ushijim-ma," Minami stuttered.

"So your the famous Wakatoshi Ushijima's sister," Coach Eijiri said. "What position do you play?"

"M-middle bloc-blocker," Minami said.

"I see," she said. "Well, let's start practice shall we? I've already decided who's captain. She can tell you what to do."

A girl with blonde hair and emerald green eyes stepped out from the line and faced the team.

"I'm Nagisa Sadoka," she said. "I'm the captain and I play wing spiker. I want you all to introduce yourselves, your years, and your positions. That'll help me pick a vice captain out of the third years."

The girls introduced themselves one by one until she reached Minami.

"Um, I'm Minami Ushijima. I'm a third-year," she said. "I play Middle Blocker."

Minami avoided eye contact at all cost. She didn't like meeting new people.

"Well, now that I've met everyone," Sadoka said. "I'm going to talk to Eijiri-sensei to decide the vice captain, you girls can talk amongst yourselves."

The captain walked over to the coach and the girls began talking. After a few minutes a group of three girls walked over to her.

"Hey, I'm Aiko Satou, I'm a third year. This is Amaya Suzuki, a first year and Rio Minotozaki, a second year," the tallest girl said. She had black hair and blue eyes, standing about five inches taller then Minami.

"Uh hi, I'm M-minami Ushij-jima," she said, pushing a peice of hair off her forehead.

"So your brother's the famous Wakatoshi Ushijima?" Minotozaki asked. Minami nodded.

"I remember watching the game against Karasuno last year, it was sad seeing them lose," Suzuki replied.

"Well," Satou said. "We wanted to introduce ourselves. I noticed you don't have too many friends."

Minami laughed, "Yeah, I guess not."

Minami got a good look at the girls. Minotozaki was shorter than her standing at around five three with a mass of curly blonde hair. She also had darker skin and bright green eyes. Suzuki had darker chestnut colored skin, shoulder length black hair and deep purple eyes.

"Ushijima-san!"

Minami looked at the other group of girls to see none other than Sai Okazaki. She ran over and gave Minami a hug. She pulled away smiling at her.