Chapter 44

I placed in August's beats headphones as I prepared to listen to his interview with Angie Martinez. We and his team had decided it was time to come clean to the media about his impending fatherhood, especially after MTO's story.

Angie: so August. Welcome back. How you've been?

August: I been good, chillin'. Wrapped up my European shows a few days ago...now I'm back in da studio grindin.

Angie: good to know everything is on track for you. So you actually wanted to come up here and talk to us about something important right?

August: yeah...ya know you're one of my favorite people in this business ange so I decided thea was nobody better to clear da air with.

Angie: aww. He so sweet *giggles* but August is one of my favorite artists to talk to to be honest myself. He's a really nice guy people.

*august chuckles*

Angie: so does this important thing you came to tell us about have to do with that story media takeout posted the other day?

August: Yeah that's actually it. A couple months ago I found out I was gon be a father. The young lady from the photos yall saw on media takeout is the future mother of ma kids and yes I did say kids, we havin twin girls. I just wanted to clear da rumors dat been circulating lately.

Angie: wow. I must say congratulations then!

August: thank you

Angie: and twins? So are you and the lady a couple?

August: naww. It wasn't anything planned but we have taken up our responsibilities to have these babies. Truth is, we decided on not tellin da nation as yet cuz of the stress da media mighta caused while she's pregnant.

Angie: definitely. As I'm sure theyve been causing ever since those photos leaked?  that was from a photoshoot you two did right?

August: *clears his throat* yeah. It was a private photoshoot and some how the photos got out...still no idea how.

Angie: that's messed up. But Aug I must say thank you for not only comin in today but for taking the time and clarifying this situation for us. May I ask how far along she is?

August: of course angie. We at...listen to me saying 'we'...she whose name is Mikaela is at 28 weeks today.

Angie: look at him smilin over there like a proud father

August laughs.

Angie: congrats again and all the best to you two in the future.

I gave a breath of relief as Angie wrapped up the interview. Now I knew why August wanted to speak to her and no other radio host.  She was very calm and polite with this.

"Well girls, da nation finally know about you. Hope they are kind to you two, lord knows their gonna tear my name apart," I chuckled as I spoke to my tummy.

*********************

August

I flew in from NY that afternoon as I stood behind da technician ma boy Frankie had sent over to ma house.

"No sir, no one tampered or hacked into any of these devices," he said over da phone to Frankie.

Frank was cautious and wanted to be sure da leak of da photos wasn't on ma end. I had him check me and Mikaela's phones, tablets and computers that nobody had hacked into our emails and stole those files.