Chapter 18

Mikaela

I sat in my office organizing some files when my phone rang- as usual.

"Mikaela Montgomery, " I said into the line, too absorbed in what I was doing to check who it was.

"Wow...that was really really formal. Guess we arent friends no more?" The person said sarcastically as I smiled recognizing the voice.

"Aww come on now, you know someone your true friend once they call you Aubrey " I said stressing on his first name

Drake laughed at my statement.

"Whats up?" I asked

"The boy in your city thats whats up," he said

"Of course you are," I laughed, " did you forget the girl organized this end of tour bash that's happening tonight? " I pretended to act cocky

"You funny," he snickered.

"So I hope you'll be comin thru as well?"

"Uhhh..." I hesitated. I usually did walk throughs at my planned events to be surr that everything was on point but since becoming pregnant, the exhaustion got the best for me so I left after the doors opened.

"Wait a minute,  is Mikaela Montgomery actually wavering here?" Drake said pretending to be astounded.

"I just been tired lately is all, overworking my ass for people like you," I replied

He laughed again, "well you should. Couple a magazines are gon be in the building....im sure they'd love to see the face that putd together everything."

"Hmm..you do have a valid point. I'll stay for a while," I told him.

"Good decision. Well imma talk to you later. Sound check time" he said before we hung up.

I decided to invite Dawn along since I would need some type of company to keep me entertained at the party

"Hey D. What you doing tonight?" I asked as she answered her phone

"Nothing...yet" she replied sensing something

"My Drake-Weezy party is tonight. And i need something to wear...how about an outfit for an invite to accompany me?" I said cheekily

She burst out laughing,  " girl I dont need your invite to get into your events...my ass just call your assistant up and she tells security to let me in"

"So thats how youve been going to parties that I wasnt even attending," I said thoughtfully

"Anyways, bring me something cute. My other dresses are a bit too tight"

"Alright hoe, and just consider that your baby shower gift, I gotta go. DEUCES!" she said before hanging up on me.

I just shook my head.

*********

That night Dawn and I sat on one of the lounge chairs at the party. Usually I would be everywhere but I decided to let Marcy to the walk through. I was bobbing my head to the music, while Dawn drank her second glass of champagne.

"That dress fitting right hunty," Dawn said complimenting me

"Yasss, you really hooked your girl up," I said over the music

She dirted off her shoulder causing me to laugh.

"Excuse me Ms Montgomery,  your client would like to have a word with you," one of the security guards came and told me. He pointed to the vip to see Drake waving me over.